29 - 10 Thomson Avenue
Long Island City
Founded in 2006, NYDesigns is dedicated to the success of design and hardware tech startups in NYC. Companies in our incubator get three years in private studio space and access to a network of mentors and advisers. Makers can prototype their design ideas in our safe, secure, 5,000-sq-ft fabrication lab. We produce events and programs for a thriving community of creators and innovators.
NYDesigns seeks a Program Assistant to support the team in fulfilling its operational and program-specific goals by coordinating various projects and performing administrative duties as needed.
· Support the team in marketing, recruitment, and other general administrative activities
- Assist in processing invoices, payment requests, and contracts by compiling appropriate documents
· Greet and direct all clients and visitors and serve as first point of contact for incoming calls, delegating all inquiries to the appropriate parties as needed
· Coordinate hiring and onboarding process for contractors, and new staff
- Support a varied range of ad-hoc and ongoing projects/processes relating to Operations & Programming needed
· Manage office supplies
Space and Event Management:
- Coordinate space use for NYDesigns residents and partners, as well as some of LaGuardia’s other programs and departments
- Coordinate logistics for on-site and off-site events to ensure smooth functioning of activities, including coordinating schedules, identifying vendors, and placing orders for supplies and services
- Coordinate and disseminate all internal and external event materials (e.g., invitations, space signage, sign-in materials) with guidance from the team
- Coordinate registration process and act as contact person for attendees
- Keep a complete inventory of equipment and furniture
- Coordinate facilities maintenance tasks, interfacing with building and grounds as needed.
Data and Record Management:
· Lead management of client growth data, including gathering, storage, and reporting
- Manage client and partner records, including license agreements, insurance documentation, fabrication lab waivers, memoranda of understanding, vendor contracts, etc.
- Manage contact lists, maintaining consistency across various forms of communication (e.g., email, email marketing, event invitations)
- Minimum of associate’s degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred,
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in area related to office/administrative support or program coordination
- Meticulous attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at once and handle complex situations
· Strong ability to think ahead, take initiative, and work both independently and as a team member
- Proficiency in MS Office, Google Drive, and social media
This is a full-time position with an excellent benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience. The position is based at NYDesigns at LaGuardia Community College in Long Island City, Queens.
Minimum Education Required