2318 Mill Road
Do you want to apply your administrative and project coordination skills to help conquer cancer and make a difference in the world?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer through research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
The Conquer Cancer Foundation of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is conquering cancer worldwide by funding breakthrough research and sharing cutting-edge knowledge. ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking, growing membership organization that operates in a results-focused work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes. This is an Alexandria, Virginia-based position that offers an excellent benefits package, subsidized parking or Metro benefits, and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn more about Conquer Cancer and ASCO, please visit www.asco.org/jobs.
Who we are looking for:
Conquer Cancer is looking for a motivated Program Administrator to provide high-quality administrative and executive support for all segments and activities of the Individual Philanthropy Division.
If you are a detail-oriented individual looking to apply your organizational skills in a fast-paced and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you!
What you will do:
· Administer all aspects of fundraising activities of the Individual Philanthropy Division, and serve as point of contact for all activities of the Division
· Coordinate and schedule meetings, arrange business travel and itineraries, process expense reimbursements and track budget expenditures
· Maintain master schedule of all fundraising activities, timelines, tracking efforts and provide progress reports
· Coordinate preparation, note-taking, minutes, distribution and follow-up for meetings
· Monitor and facilitate fundraising requests and work within the database and with other data vendor products to provide data entry and maintenance
· Assist with reporting including running, formatting and proofing various donor and progress reports and spreadsheets
· Assist Division staff with coordination and completion of fund agreements, internal gift announcements and other incoming and outgoing correspondence
· Support administrative tasks associated with the employee giving program and direct response initiatives, including acquisition and renewal campaigns; and in collaboration with Associate Director, Annual and Individual Giving, research new and innovative methods for enhancing and growing annual programs
· Maintain files/records for all annual giving campaigns
· Perform other administrative tasks as needed
What you will need in order to be successful:
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 5+ years of administrative and project coordination experience
· Proven track record of successfully managing projects
· Strong communication skills to include excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
· Ability to deliver superior customer service and to develop productive interpersonal relationships in a team environment
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
· Experience with data entry, queries and reporting in a CRM or other database program
· Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
· Strong time management skills; ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments, deadlines and changing priorities
· Ability to work outside normal business hours when needed, and travel 5-7 days a year
Ideal candidates will also contribute:
· Previous experience working in a non-profit or association
Conquer Cancer and ASCO are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE)
Minimum Education Required