Carbon180 is seeking a Senior Policy Advisor to support our growing policy and legislative work on technological approaches to carbon removal in Washington, D.C. This role is a part of Carbon180’s policy team in D.C. and reports to the Director of Policy. You will be responsible for developing and executing federal policy strategy, researching existing policies and helping to produce new ones, managing outreach to target policy audiences, and supporting policy-related communications and events. While Carbon180 works on the full range of natural and engineered carbon removal solutions, this position will focus on carbon removal technologies, including direct air capture, carbon utilization, and mineralization. Travel up to 30% is required.
What you’ll do:
• Contribute significantly to Carbon180 policy strategy development
• Help manage coalition-building and outreach activities
• Perform policy analysis and research, including: Consolidating technical information on carbon removal solutions to support policy development o Developing, submitting, and sharing appropriations requests o Working with key stakeholders to develop new policies
• Carry out congressional outreach to support policy goals and educate policymakers
• Coordinate with our communications team to support content creation, media engagement, social media planning, and other communications tasks
• Help plan policy-related events including briefings for staffers, reporters’ breakfasts, ENGO workshops, etc.
• Write reports and develop presentation materials
What you’ll bring:
• Proven track record (3+ years) working on federal policy, on or off the Hill
• Strong knowledge of climate issues, especially related to carbon capture, removal, use, and storage technologies
• Familiarity with the state of the field, with a strong intuition for where policy will be most impactful in advancing climate change solutions
• Prior experience, professional or otherwise, overseeing projects, coordinating stakeholders in coalitions and/or managing coalitions, organizing events, and attending meetings or public events on behalf of an organization
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A healthy dose of climate rage and the determination to do something about it
• Excellent interpersonal skills, creative problem solving, and an ability to work both independently and in a highly collaborative environment
At Carbon180 comparable training and/or experience can be substituted for degrees and/or direct experience when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $80,000-$100,000 and is determined based upon experience. All Carbon180 full-time employees receive health, vision, dental, and life insurance, along with retirement matching, paid parental leave, a generous tech stipend, and other benefits.
To apply If this sounds like you, please submit your information, resume, and optional cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Feel free to also apply via email: email@example.com with the subject: Senior Policy Advisor.
About Carbon180 Carbon180, formerly the Center for Carbon Removal, is a new breed of climate-focused NGO on a mission to fundamentally rethink carbon. We partner with policymakers, scientists and businesses around the globe to develop policy, promote research, and advance solutions that transform carbon from a liability to an asset and foster a prosperous, carbon-conscious economy that removes more from the atmosphere than we emit. We have offices in Oakland, CA and Washington, D.C. Carbon180 is an equal opportunity employer continually seeking to enrich its staff and office environment. In particular, we’re dedicated to broadening opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the sciences and in environmental advocacy. We’re also committed to building an inclusive workplace culture where talented people of widely different backgrounds can thrive. We've adopted this commitment because we believe the inclusion of culturally diverse perspectives will improve our work and produce better societal and environmental outcomes for all, including historically disenfranchised communities.
Carbon180 is seeking a Senior Policy Advisor to support our growing policy and legislative work on technological approaches to carbon removal in Washington, D.C. This role is a part of Carbon180’s policy team in D.C. and reports to the Director…
All Carbon180 full-time employees receive health, vision, dental, and life insurance, along with retirement matching, paid parental leave, a generous tech stipend, and other benefits.
All Carbon180 full-time employees receive health, vision, dental, and life insurance, along with retirement matching, paid parental leave, a generous tech stipend, and other…