1776 Massachusetts Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
FWD.us is looking for an Operations Associate to join its team as the organization continues to expand into a long-term, multi-issue organization. The Operations Associate will be based in Washington, D.C. and will work closely with the organization’s operations team to support day-to-day operations of the organization, including the growing criminal justice team's work.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter; can manage multiple projects; likes working in a solutions-oriented, fast-paced campaign-like environment; and welcomes operating in a bipartisan framework that values working with those directly impacted and non-traditional allies to achieve public policy victories.
- 1-4 years of experience with administrative, operations, human resources, or office management related work.
- A strong attention to detail and organization
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects with rapid deadlines
- A passion for problem-solving and making things work
- Experience with budgeting, processing payroll, or handling state/business compliance is a plus
- Work directly the Operations Team and Senior Leaders to coordinate and implement the operational needs of the team’s work, including tracking projects, managing contracts and vendors, working with external partners, and coordinating with in-house operations team.
- Complete broad variety of administrative and support responsibilities
- Work closely with the Operations team to onboard new staff, manage contracts, and the team's budget
- Research, edit, review, and compile reports and memos for internal and external projects
Compensation and benefits: Starting salary commensurate with experience. We offer health, dental, and vision insurance benefits, matching 401k and sick leave, holiday schedules, and a family leave policy.
FWD.us is a bipartisan organization started by leaders in the tech community to promote policies to keep the United States and its citizens competitive in a global economy, starting with commonsense immigration reform and criminal justice reform.
Minimum Education Required