Providence House, Inc. is a value driven not-for-profit organization focused on assisting women in building community and transforming their lives. The agency is committed to promoting wholeness and healing while offering quality evidence based services to women and children who find themselves homeless and/or involved with the criminal justice system. Providence House follows a trauma based practice model. Providence House was founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph over thirty years ago and continues to hold the values of non-violence, compassion, hospitality and community at its core. Providence House is actively seeks to provide support, training and opportunities that foster growth and well being for its staff as well as the women we serve.
REPORTS TO: PROGRAM DIRECTOR
SUMMARY OF CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER:
The Clinical Social Worker is responsible for providing oversight and coordination of all clinical services offered at the Providence House Supportive Housing Program. Our supportive housing residents live with significant mental illness and substance abuse histories. Therefore, the Clinical Social Worker will provide as needed counselling or crisis interventions, referrals and follow up for referrals with residents for psychiatric/psychological services, facilitate clinical groups for residents; as well as ensure that clinical approach to residents is consistent across all three of our sites by providing training to staff. The clinical social Worker would supervise one CASAC and report to the Director of Supportive Housing. The goal is to assist residents in maintaining stability.
- Provide as needed short term counselling to residents.
- Provide referrals for mental health services and follow up on those referrals.
- Provide crisis prevention and intervention.
- Facilitate skills building groups for residents (DBT groups).
- Supervise CASAC staff member.
- Ensure the use of trauma-informed interventions and methodologies throughout by all staff.
- Provide trainings that increase staff knowledge in effectively meeting client’s needs, including co-occurring disorders, harm reduction, and cultural competence.
- Work as part of team to plan and develop residents programs.
- Keep accurate, up-to-date documentation on all clients. Including but not limited to, treatment plans, case notes, etc.
- Assists with any and all data collection systems and reports required by DOHMH.
- Assist Program Director and Program Supervisor with general operation of the program.
- Mster’s Degree in Social Work with Licensed Clinical Social Worker Certification (LCSW) or Master’s Degree in Social Work with at least 3 years of direct clinical experience.
- Three years of experience working with the formerly mentally ill population.
- Experience with long-term homeless, low income and diverse populations.
- Have working knowledge of major psychiatric disorders and chemical use/abuse/misuse and addition to alcohol and other drugs.
- Competent Technology management skills, including proficiency with using Microsoft Office; client database management.
- The Clinical Social Worker position is a full time, salaried position. Hours worked will be weekdays at least 9:00a.m. - 5:00p.m, or at a mutually agreed-upon schedule. Evening and/or weekend work also may be required as needed.
- The office location for this position is n Brooklyn, New York.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary range is competitive. Benefits include 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks of vacation, 3 personal days, 12 sick days, medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability benefits, 403(B), pension benefits, commuter benefits and an Employment Assistance Program (EAP). None
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send PDFs of your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and where you heard about it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include "Clinical Social Worker" in the subject line. Providence House is dedicated to equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. Providence House encourages people of all races, colors, national origins, ancestries, creeds, religions, genders, ages, disabilities, veteran status, sexual orientations and marital statuses to apply.