Details: Salary is commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) is dedicated to providing immediate, effective, and comprehensive employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. CEO’s programs help participants regain the skills and confidence needed for successful transitions to stable, productive lives. CEO serves more than 5,000 participants a year, giving them the opportunity to support themselves and their families, remain crime-free, and contribute positively to their communities.
Headquartered in New York City, CEO currently operates in 20 cities across six states. In 2016, CEO embarked on a five-year strategic plan to serve 11,000 participants annually. CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations, including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, James Irvine Foundation, Tipping Point Community, and Google.org, among many others.
CEO is searching for a dedicated and organized Human Resources Coordinator to be based in our San Diego location who will serve as an integral part of a newly established HR Operations team. The Coordinator will support CEO’s daily HR operations, including maintaining records and processing requests from CEO’s program participants, employees, and external agencies. In addition, this position will lead new hire orientations while contributing to the development of onboarding process improvements.
This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial and systems-minded team-player who is looking to contribute to a team that is helping CEO become a stronger employer for our staff and that’s driven to serve and have impact within the lives of an underserved population. In joining our growing team, you’ll have the opportunity to gain the skills and knowledge needed to advance in your career in HR while being able to contribute the knowledge and insights you bring along the way.
Who You Are
- You come to CEO with at least 1-2 years of experience performing human resource functions, ideally within a nonprofit or government environment
- You’re eager to apply your experience and skill set to drive top notch hiring within a fast-paced, mission-driven, and social justice-minded nonprofit organization
- You’re an outstanding communicator, able to communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing and to tailor your communication style to various stakeholders; you have a customer service mindset, wanting to serve and support your clients to the best of your ability
- You’re able to coordinate multiple moving pieces and maintain an efficient workflow under pressure despite setbacks; you enjoy employing your organizational abilities and time and project management skills to support your performance
- You’ve demonstrated an aptitude and ability with technology (with the Google Suite) and you’ve used systems to collect and report out on data
- You understand the importance of confidentiality and exercise good judgment to maintain confidentiality of critical and sensitive information, records, and reports
- You enjoy setting ambitious goals and demonstrate eagerness, discipline, and resilience in achieving goals individually and collectively, no matter the complexities that arise
- You love learning and are particularly interested in building your own knowledge and skills in support of organizational needs, mission, and goals
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in business, personnel management, or closely related field (preferred but not required)
The Nitty Gritty
Responsibilities of the HR Coordinator will include, but are not limited to, the following:
HR Operations Support:
- Support the onboarding process for new hires, processing offer letters, preparing new hire packets, conducting new hire orientations, and ensuring completion of needed new hire documentation
- Maintain accuracy of HR personnel data in real-time, processing new hire information, changes requested by current employees, and termination forms and files in a timely manner
- Create and maintain employee personnel files, including inputting data into CEO’s HRIS; ensure information in personnel records is accurate and current by through filing and auditing of files
- Assist in answering questions from and pulling data for internal staff and external agencies
- Provide current and prospective employees with information regarding company policies, job responsibilities, and other information as requested
- Maintain HRIS and work closely with payroll team to address payroll errors
- Work alongside payroll and finance teams to ensure accurate employee and participant compensation
- Support payroll with any time accrual issues and troubleshoot as needed
- Support internal audits by pulling reports and files as needed
- Prepare and process required benefits documents for active and terminated employees, including enrollment and change forms
- Administer benefits, including medical, dental, disability, life insurance, workers compensation, employee assistance, retirement and additional plans
- Support in coordination of employee leaves of absence
- Process and coordinate employee and participant workers’ compensation claims
- Prepare required federal and state notices and monitor time requirements regarding these entitlements
- Provide quality customer service to employees, directing them to our benefit representatives for any benefit related questions
- Support employees through CEO’s annual benefits Open Enrollment process and audit completion as necessary
- Coordinate and promote staff morale events, including our yearly employee health fair
- Research, collect, and analyze data for personnel projects and reports as may be assigned from time to time; pull and analyze personnel data for the executive team upon request
- Complete special projects as assigned by management and Senior Benefits Administrator
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
CEO also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, paid sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit our application materials, including a resume and over letter, using the link provided. Please note our application portal is optimized for use with Google Chrome.