Recognized by the Boston Globe as one of the Top Places To Work, Bay Cove Human Services is a private, not-for-profit corporation that provides a wide variety of services to individuals and their families who face the life-long challenges of developmental disabilities, aging, mental illness and drug and alcohol addiction. We have a wide variety of programs available to our clients including residential services, employment support, and day habilitation programs. Bay Cove's 2,000 highly trained employees serve more than 20,000 individuals and their families each year at more than 160 different program sites throughout Greater Boston and southeastern Massachusetts.
Clinical Supervisor (ACCS Team 2, Dorchester)
Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:00 to 4:00 (can be flexible)
- Bay Cove Human Services, Inc., a leading Massachusetts human services organization seeks a Licensed Clinician to join us in our mission to provide high-quality services to adults who face the life-long challenges of developmental disabilities, mental illness and drug and alcohol dependency.
- The Licensed Clinician is responsible for assessing, planning services and engaging in mental health and substance abuse interventions for guests of a Department of Mental Health dual-diagnosis shelter.
- The Licensed Clinician provides training and oversight to direct care staff to ensure the delivery of effective and meaningful interventions and services.
- We are looking for someone who strives to:
- Challenge thinking.
- Be different.
- Lead change.
- Bay Cove is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring.
- You will: Deliver Services - Assist shelter guests in efforts to secure needed treatment, rehabilitation and housing supports.
- Conduct and document intake assessment of all new guests and complete an Individualized Action Plan for each new guest.
- Work with a Collaborative Spirit - Collaborate with the Shelter Director to review referrals, summarize risk history, create risk response plans and communicate risk history and plans with staff.
- Provide case management and case coordination in collaboration with outside providers.
- Teach and coach - Provide group and individual training to direct care staff on therapeutic skills and interventions as well as training on clinical documentation skills.
- Ensure a Safe Environment - Provide crisis assessment, prevention, and needed intervention providing a safe environment for safety clients and staff.
- Perform Administrative Components - Provide for the timely completion of all required documentation.
- Share in shift management, weekend coverage and on-call coverage on a rotating basis as assigned.
- Provide on-call coverage on a rotating basis.
- What you will need to bring: Clinical License- Valid LICSW, LCSW, LMHC, or other behavioral health category which qualifies as a Licensed Practitioner of the Healing Arts.
- Education - A Masters Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or a related area.
- Track Record - Two years experience working with individuals diagnosed with severe and persistent mental health issues or similar human service needs required.
- Housing experience preferred.
- Communication skills - Professional writing and verbal communications skills required.
- Computer Skills - Proficient in word processing and other computer functions using Windows, Word, and Google Email and Apps.
- Licensure - Valid driver's license and use of one’s personal vehicle.
- Personal cellular telephone - Use for work communication.
- Keywords: healthcare, human services, mental health, psychiatric disabilities, rehabilitation, recovery, crisis counseling, direct care, job coaching, behavioral health, social work, psychology, homeless, homelessness, shelter, clinician, licensed clinician, social worker, mental health counselor, counseling, community mental health, LICSW, LCSW, LMHC,
- Driving License Required? Yes
- Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement/remission, paid vacation & holidays, sick time pay, and employee referral bonuses.
Apply online by going to https://www.baycove/org/apply/index.cfm?pid=10355.
Bay Cove Human Services, 66 Canal Street, Boston, MA 02114
Bay Cove is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer