108-25 62nd Drive
STATUS: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
SALARY: $18.00 per hour
SCHEDULE: M, W, F 3:00 pm-9:00 pm during April-May; M-F 12:00 pm-6:00 pm during June-August; schedule may vary as needed.
Summer Youth Employment Program Aide
Queens Community House (QCH) is a multi-site, multi-service settlement house that serves the diverse population of Queens through a broad network of programs and services for Children and Youth, Adults and Families, and Older Adults. Our mission is to provide individuals and families with the tools to enrich their lives and build healthy, inclusive communities. The Youth Employment Services (YES) Department has a wide array of services for youth and young adults 14-24 years of age. Young people are connected with job training, internship/employment placements and skill development for preparation in the workforce. The Youth Employment Services Department is comprised of the following program areas:
· Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP): SYEP provides youth between the ages of 14 and 24 with paid summer employment for up to six weeks in July and August.
We are seeking a qualified Summer Youth Employment Program Aide who will perform a variety of administrative and programmatic duties. Overall duties include providing support to our department staff and participants, assisting in daily program needs in alignment with our overall agency’s administrative activities. They include but are not limited to data entry, outreach to participants and worksites. Additionally, they will assist in the enrollment and communication process with program participants. The program goals include: developing young peoples’ work readiness and social and job skills in work environments, providing safe work environments, adhering to agency policies and procedures, providing integral support services across programs in the unit, and managing programmatic recordkeeping.
- Understand and enforce program expectations, policies and protocols to ensure a safe and respectful environment in alignment with agency, school and funder protocols and guidelines.
- Contact participating worksites and visit site locations to assist in operation of participant placements.
- Assist in collecting all relevant paperwork from worksites and participants such as program applications and enrollment documents.
- Responsible for assisting with data entry into online database system.
- Meet regularly with program staff to ensure coordination and implementation of the program.
- Contact worksites/ internship sites and visit these locations to assist in operation of participant placements.
- Supervise youth participants during placements and coordinate participant trainings.
- Supervise program staff and assist them in collecting all relevant paperwork from worksites and participants.
- Submit reports and collect required data accordingly.
- Support implementation of agency policies and procedures.
- Maintain communication with program staff.
- Ensure timely responsiveness to communication from staff, participants and worksites.
- Require flexibility in schedule and some evenings/ weekends will be necessary.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Some college education and experience working with youth is preferred.
- Strong work ethic and professional demeanor and team-oriented attitude.
- Organized, self-motivated and effective time management skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate discretion.
- Ability to motivate participants to participate in activities and promote leadership skill development.
- Computer savvy and excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual preferred.
This position is available immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package varies by position and may include medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such Staff can earn generous annual leave and sick days, and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities, including trainings and learning bits.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “SYEP Program Aide” at email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER v DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Minimum Education Required