Details: Competitive; DOE
717 N Killingsworth Court
Why join us?
Realize your vision: Use your experience to help shape Portland Opportunities Industrialization Center (POIC), a multi-faceted agency with roots in workforce development that provides wide-ranging services meant to promote stronger attachments between disenfranchised youth, their families, and the wider community.
Work with an amazing team: Be a part of a fast-growing organization. Join a talented staff dedicated to the mission of educating and supporting youth through the age of 25.
Impact your community: Be a part of an innovative and holistic program which houses a range of wrap-around services aimed at stabilizing families and strengthening the community through education, crisis intervention, community monitoring, case management and personal growth support.
Position: Academic Advisor
Location: Rosemary Anderson HS North Campus – 717 N. Killingsworth Court, Portland
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm, plus occasional evenings and weekends as required.
Salary Competitive; DOE
Benefits: Full Benefits Package following initial probationary period
Reports to: RAHS North Principal
Job Summary: RAHS Academic Advisors are responsible for providing educational guidance and assistance for students. They work closely with students, principals and teaching staff. Academic Advisors must be efficient at entering and tracking data. Additionally, Academic Advisors provide case management referrals and further resource assistance for students to help them recognize and achieve their educational goals.
Responsibilities & Duties:
1. Synergy Management
o Attend trainings
o Stay up-to-date on changes within Synergy
o Staff Synergy Liaison/Support
2. Create a Master Schedule
o Bell and class schedule creation and teacher assignments
o Assure that class schedules meet all diploma needs and State requirements
3. Class Registration
o Schedule Students Appropriately
o Transcript Reading/Updating
o Summer School/Evening Scholars
4. Senior Tracking/Graduation
o Monitor and adjust senior courses to ensure timely graduation
o Communicate with school staff about senior progress
5. Academic Counseling
o Ensure students are aware of progress and requirements needed to graduate
6. Grading/Credit Management
o Report Card/Progress Report Administrator
o Ensure timely entering of grades
o Support teachers with grading issues
7. Graduation Requirements
o Collect and record all work samples in Synergy
o Collect and record all testing and Opt-Out forms
8. Scholarship Support & Submission
o Work with teachers, students and staff to ensure students are successful in submission
9. Parent/Guardian/Caseworker Contact
10. New Student Orientations
o Schedule New Students Appropriately
o Transfer credits from out of district
11. Student Records
o Ensure Student Records follow State, District and Organizational standards
o Keep Student Records up-to-date
12. Work with School Districts/Partner Organizations
o Coordinate with referring and partner agencies and schools to streamline enrollment
o Connect or refer students to specialized services for unmet needs
14. Coordination across campus
o Student campus transfers
o Academic advisor meetings
15. Other Job Duties as assigned
· A passion for POIC+RAHS mission and serving at-risk young adults and their families.
· Ability to work collaboratively in a multicultural environment with people from diverse backgrounds
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, professional email communication, and internet research
· Synergy experience preferred
· Self-starter, able to work independently without ongoing direct management
· Ability to organize time efficiently and effectively to meet deadlines and achieve outcomes while managing diverse and persistent client demands
· Ability to develop unique intervention strategies to engage and inspire youth and families
· Ability to reach out to appropriate stakeholders to gain support and build partnerships
· Ability to reach out for support when working in stressful conditions
· Valid driver's license, reliable transportation and automobile insurance meeting minimum requirements as defined by the agency.
· Successful completion of initial and on-going employment screens, including, but not limited to criminal background, sex offender, drug, abuse and neglect and vehicle record as required.
Full Benefit Package - 100% Employer-Paid Premiums for Employees
Level of Language Proficiency
· Bachelor’s degree in School Counseling or equivalent significant professional experience
· Proven experience in educational settings, preferably in an alternative school
· Familiarity with trauma-informed practice and strength-based approaches to working with clients preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply – Become a Member of Our Team
To be considered for this opportunity, submit a cover letter, 3 professional references, and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Academic Advisor in the subject line.
POIC + RAHS is committed to the future success of at-risk youth through the age of 25, providing the highest quality services in education, mentoring, family outreach, employment training, and placement.
We believe all people have value.
We believe all people can grow.
We believe all people can contribute and build thriving communities.
POIC + RAHS is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.