221 Main Street
Coalition Lead Organizer
Achieve Hartford! completed a major transformation in the 2017-18 fiscal year that has positioned us to drive much more impact in our city that we ever have before. Achieve Hartford! turns 10 years old this year, and we enter the year as a lean “start-up” organization executing a new approach to systemic change in education. We are organizing private sector leaders throughout the nonprofit, corporate, higher ed, and philanthropic sectors to step up and lead change in the way high schools are designed, the way colleges support students to completion, and in the way college and career readiness becomes a reality for ALL students.
The Coalition Lead Organizer reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for the recruitment, support, and coaching of individual private sector leaders needed to drive the action teams and work-groups within our two coalitions. High-functioning coalitions have a diverse set of members who, as a result of being well-supported, invest their most valuable resource (time) into the complicated and often messy work of systems change in Hartford. Top candidates will have a strong sense of confidence in engaging stakeholders at all levels, a strong desire to help leaders reach their potential, and an exceptional ability to win people to a cause.
Engagement and Capacity Building of Private Sector Leaders (85%)
· Recruit corporate, philanthropic, nonprofit and higher ed professionals into our coalition work according to shared values, interests, and expertise
· Conduct regular 1:1 meetings with coalition members to identify ways to better support their participation and to encourage them to step up into leadership
· Provide 1:1 coaching to leaders on all topics related to executing strong cross-sector action teams and workgroups – including how to recruit other leaders from their own networks
· Develop and facilitate trainings that build capacity and a sense of community among current leaders in the work
· Research best practices and seek professional development opportunities to create stronger trainings and improve coaching
· Help leaders identify, prepare, and share their personal and professional stories throughout our communications platforms
· Identify and cultivate potential partnerships with other organizations in the Greater Hartford ecosystem that share our values and desire for systemic change
Coalition Management (10%)
· Provide project management support, as needed, for the ALL IN! Coalition and the Weaver High School Redesign Initiative
· Provide “backbone” support through activities like production of documents, hosting/attending meetings, developing processes, and conducting formal/informal evaluations of coalition work
· Identify & monitor stakeholder engagement metrics with the Coalition Project Manager
Additional Responsibilities (5%)
· Attend events (including HPS, partner & community events) and develop event calendar
· Share the responsibility for content creation for Education Matters communications
· Provide support on special projects as needed
The salary range is $65,000 to $75,000 depending on experience and qualifications, and includes full medical benefits, sick leave, vacation, etc.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-Lingual candidates a plus
Minimum Education Required