Details: Pay is commensurate with experience
Title: Administrative Assistant / Receptionist
Reports to: San Francisco Immigration Program Director
Full-time (37.5 hours/wk)
The International Institute of the Bay Area was founded in 1918, and its mission is to welcome, educate and serve immigrants, refugees and their families as they join and contribute to the community. IIBA provides immigration legal services, English and civic education, and other services at its seven offices throughout the Bay Area, as well as through its collaborative efforts with local and regional service providers. IIBA offers a team-oriented, collegial and collaborative work environment across its seven offices.
The primary purpose of the Administrative Assistant role is to provide administrative support for the immigration legal program in IIBA’s San Francisco office. The successful candidate will be a team player and a self-starter who is highly organized and able to prioritize, has a strong sense of responsibility, and possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Welcoming clients, collecting fee payments, and entering client information into our electronic case management system.
- Processing incoming mail, scheduling appointments, copying, and mailing.
- Translating documents from Spanish into English.
- Assisting with ongoing client communications in person, on the phone, and by mail.
- Providing administrative support with government grant reports, timesheets, and receipts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Complete fluency in written and spoken Spanish and English required!
- Well-organized, extremely accurate, attentive to detail, and reliable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong word processing and computer skills, including the ability to learn our electronic case management system.
- Ability to multi-task with precision and effectively manage competing priorities.
- Experience interacting with clients in a professional and helpful manner.
- Demonstrated interest in immigration legal services and/or assisting low-income clients.
- Commitment to serve and compassion for the issues faced by the low-income immigrant community.
- Able to maintain confidential or sensitive information with maturity and discretion.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Commitment to the values and mission of IIBA.
Salary: Pay is commensurate with experience.
IIBA offers a generous cafeteria-style benefits package, elements of which include, but are not limited to:
- Employer matching 403(B) retirement plan: up to 4% employer contribution
- Insurance: Health, dental, life, vision, chiropractic & acupuncture. Medical and dependent care pre-tax reimbursement accounts.
- Transportation reimbursement account.
- Vacation: two (2) weeks of accrued vacation per year with an increase each year.
- Holidays: 13 Holiday per year
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the job you are applying for in the subject of the email.
For more information on IIBA, see our website: www.iibayarea.org. Position open until filled.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
IIBA is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability. Persons receiving services in our programs are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.
Level of Language Proficiency
Complete fluency in written and spoken Spanish and English REQUIRED
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the title of the job you are applying for in the subject of the email.