Boston Plan for Excellence operates a PreK-12 pathway of neighborhood based Teaching Academies -- schools that provide a world class education for all students while preparing outstanding new teachers for successful, sustainable careers as urban educators. We run two Teaching Academies in the Dudley neighborhood of Roxbury: Dudley Street Neighborhood Charter School and Dearborn STEM Academy. Through Boston Teacher Residency, a nationally recognized and replicated clinical model for training teachers, we prepare aspiring educators for the Boston Public Schools, and run a city-wide network of teacher support.
BPE’s Advancement Team serves two primary functions: development and communications. The team raises public and private revenue to support the $6 million organization, its programs, and its schools. The team also manages all communications for BPE and supports communications efforts at its Teaching Academies, including print, website, and events, to raise the visibility of the organization.
The Development Manager manages all public and private grants, conducts research and analysis related to BPE revenues, and collaborates with other departments to advance BPE’s fundraising and communications work. The Development Manager reports to the Chief Advancement Officer and supervises grant-related work completed by members of the Advancement, Finance, and Data teams. The position also supports work related to individual giving and database functionality.
The responsibilities of the Development Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Bachelor's degree
• 6+ years of work experience
• 4+ years of experience in development, including grant writing and grants management, preferred. Related experience will be considered.
• Experience managing successful projects
• Excellent writing skills and oral communication skills
• Advanced knowledge of the fields of education and philanthropy
• Basic knowledge of nonprofit finance and program evaluation
• Ability to prioritize and act strategically
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Approaches challenges with maturity and positive attitude
• Proactive; takes personal responsibility
• Able to contribute to building effective systems within the organization
• Strong computer skills
• SalesForce experience preferred, but not required
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package, including group health, dental and life insurance, retirement plan, and vacation allowance.
Please visit www.bpe.org/bpe/careers Please attach a cover letter and resume.
BPE is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Boston Plan for Excellence operates a PreK-12 pathway of neighborhood based Teaching Academies -- schools that provide a world class education for all students while preparing outstanding new teachers for…