135 Atlantic Street
Future 5 helps connect motivated, low-income high school students in Stamford to their full potential, leading to independence and productive citizenship.
Since 2009, Future 5 has provided out-of-school programming to low-income Stamford High School students. Located in the heart of downtown Stamford, our primary goal is to connect our student members to the people, resources, and experiences essential to making a successful transition to post-secondary education and careers.
Future 5 is a membership based organization. Once students have committed to Future 5, through completing our signature Here to There workshop, they may access all of our services. These workshops focus on connecting our members to Character, Coaches, Community, College, and Career.
The Development Director is responsible for the creation and execution of Future 5’s development strategy. This position is a direct report to the Executive Director and is responsible for overseeing and executing on all fundraising activities for the organization, including: major gifts, corporate partnerships, grant solicitations and the stewardship/bequest efforts. The Development Director creates a development strategy, sets annual revenue goals, collaborates with marketing to strengthen our brand and execute on the strategy to achieve established goals.
- Create and execute a three-year development plan that increases revenues and strengthens our Future 5 brand to support Future 5's strategic priorities (operational, reserve fund and capital campaign) in collaboration with the Board of Directors, Executive Director and Development staff.
- Establish annual revenue goals and oversee results.
- Develop pipeline projections and monitor weekly by analyzing organizational historical trends.
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved and are consistent with Future 5’s development plan and revenue goals from each donor sector.
- Research trends in the Fairfield County community and specifically in Stamford and adapt fundraising strategies as necessary.
- Work with database manager to elicit key reports and donor info to insure the effective use of eTapestry.
Fundraising and Business Activities
- Develop and manage the annual development calendar and plan.
- Identify and develop foundation, corporate and community prospects for Fairfield County, with special attention to the Stamford community.
- Deploy and manage a “Stamford Connects” Task Force of vested community leaders. (New Canaan, and Darien, Greenwich to follow.)
- Oversee the components of Annual and Spring appeals.
- Oversee the administration of donor mailing list and database.
- Oversee the planning and collaborate on the execution of special fundraising/Friendraising and outreach events.
- Work with Board, staff and volunteers to ensure participation in the execution of events and achievement of revenue goals.
- Plan and implement Future 5’s technology-driven fundraising initiatives including website, social media and crowd funding activities.
- Develop policies and best practices for the development department.
Manage Staff development activities
- In consultation with the Executive Director, recruit, interview, and select well-qualified development staff.
- Manage and support the grant writer in executing applications.
- Engage volunteers, staff and students for special fund development projects using established volunteer management practices
Promote the Future 5 brand
- Foster an understanding of philanthropy within Future 5, promoting an environment in which every member of the staff, Board and volunteers are fundraisers and share in the organizations’ success.
- Work with Director of Students to coordinate and engage community partners and corporations in the membership experience.
- Build relationships with Stamford community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization
- Create and instill a “culture of development” with opportunities for donor engagement, stewardship and cultivation throughout the organization.
Collaborate on Marketing and Communications
- Develop a comprehensive internal and external communication plan to promote Future 5 within each Fairfield County community with the goal of increasing the donor base.
- Coordinate with marketing the printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for development efforts
- Oversee copy and content for print publications, online media and Annual Report.
Board of Directors
- Work with the Development Committee and its Chair to ensure that Future 5’s development plan is executed and monitored in a way that increases revenues and expands donor base
- Attend Board meeting and meetings of the Development Committee
- Support board and assist in the orientation of new board members in areas of fundraising and provide training and information.
- An original thinker who knows how to solve problems, build relationships and achieve results.
- Energy and optimism and a commitment to Future 5’s mission.
- Five years of development or business development experience and knowledge of key administration principles.
- Experience with financial management, including budgeting and forecasting.
- Excellent relationship-building/sales skills and a customer service orientation that leads to sustainable and mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Strong communications skills both verbal and written.
- Bachelor’s degree
Full time position
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required