20 Southeast 8th Avenue
General Description: The Development Director will help ensure we meet our annual revenue goals. The Development Director will also generate promotional materials, press materials and press relationships for KBOO. This position requires extensive work with volunteers. As in all positions at KBOO, the Development Director will work very closely and interdependently with other staff.
This position is a member of the Revenue and Promotions Operating Teams. It is the responsibility of the Development Director to ensure that our fundraising plan focuses on those activities with the greatest return on investment (ROI) of time and resources.
The Development Director will ensure that all fundraising strategies and activities are in alignment with KBOO Community Radio's mission, charter, goals and policies.
The ideal applicant will have the following qualifications: At least 4 years of proven development experience in the non-profit sector, preferably with significant foundation and major donor fundraising work
Experience leading social media campaigns, including but not limited to FaceBook, Twitter, etc.
Strong annual report, newsletter and grant writing skills
Excellent knowledge of technology and appropriate software, including database management, spreadsheets and electronic communication, including online giving
Ability to produce accurate and timely reports and do all follow-up necessary to fulfill grant obligations
Ability to work with graphic artists to produce print materials
Highly self-motivated, with the ability to manage multiple projects and work according to specific deadlines
Excellent written communication, research and organizational skills
Excellent interpersonal communication skills; excellent oral communication
and ability to participate in public speaking events
Ability to delegate responsibility and ensure accountability
Ability to train and supervise volunteers
Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as necessary
Ability to work effectively and respectfully with socio-economically, racially, culturally and linguistically diverse communities and individuals
Ability to work with a diverse population within KBOO’s multicultural, cooperative, progressive organization
Ability to model respectful, inclusive, responsible behavior that is consistent with KBOO's mission and program charter
Identify and address institutional and individual acts of oppression at KBOO. Ensure there is interruption of the oppression, follow-up and support for those impacted as well as documentation/record keeping of the incident.
- Coordinate and lead a development/fundraising plan and timeline each year and long-term.
- Coordinate and ensure thank you letters and acknowledgements.
- Leading foundation relationships, grant applications, following agreements, thank you letters, and reporting
- Coordinate the end-of-the year campaign\
- Conduct donor communications; developing segmentation, improving our renewals and direct mail strategies.
- Lead other fundraising campaigns as needed/designed by the organization.
- Develop a plan for click-through partnerships and on-line donations.
- Design other fundraising campaigns as needed.
- Coordinate fundraising activities with membership department and Revenue Operating Team,
- Support membership drives, especially messaging and pitch materials.
- Develop and solicit matches and prizes for drives
- Coordinate major donor events and relationships.
- Develop special asks for major donors during campaigns, ex. End-of-year and special projects.
- Create and send handwritten thank you notes to all $250 or greater gifts for major donors you meet with.
- With Revenue Operating Team, ensure there is a plan for businesses donations.
- Business matches for drives.
- Sponsorships for development-initiated events.
- Lead messaging and recognition/acknowledgements.
- With Web and Social Media Coordinator and Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator, ensure there is a strategy to bolster KBOO’s promotional efforts with a doable communications plan, that it is implemented and tracked/reported on monthly.
- Lead development/fundraising messaging - with staff, clarify and lead our messages at different times of year for giving/development.
- Coordinate fundraising related social media planning with Web and Social Media Coordinator.
- Lead donor communications, e-newsletter creation, editing and sending.
- Lead development of annual report.
- Lead development of fundraising marketing materials/hand-outs.
- Assessment, evaluation of all of the above, assessing best return on investment for all development activities
- Requesting and supporting volunteers for all of the above as needed.
- Participating in staff meetings, revenue operating team and promotions operating team.
Hours and Pay: 30-hours a week/ $20 per hour
Time period: October- December 2018
Employment Status: Non-Exempt
Positions Supervised: Volunteers
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2018 AT MIDNIGHT.
Send a cover letter and resume to Delphine Criscenzo at firstname.lastname@example.org or bring your resume with cover letter to: 20 SE 8th, Portland, Oregon 97214. Please remember to add in the cover letter the answer to the question: “Why is KBOO important?” Interviews will begin late September, 2018.