Details: Competitive salary + benefits
About Global Citizen
Our mission is to build a movement of 100MM Global Citizens whose actions will help achieve our vision of a world without extreme poverty by 2030.
Global Citizen is a movement of engaged citizens who are using their collective voice to end extreme poverty by 2030. On our platform, Global Citizens learn about the systemic causes of extreme poverty, take action on those issues, and earn rewards for their actions — as part of a global community committed to lasting change.
So far, more than 13 million actions have been taken by Global Citizens, leading to $35 billion commitments being made by world leaders, which are set to affect 1.3 billion lives by 2030.
Job Outline and Key Responsibilities of the Manager of Grants & Foundation Partnerships include but are not limited to the following
The Manager, Grants & Foundation Partnerships will be part of Global Citizen’s Global Policy & Government Affairs team and will play an essential role in helping our fight against extreme poverty by expanding our funding portfolio, enabling the team to sustain our current priority campaigns while expanding into new possible areas such as criminal justice and LGBTQ. Primary responsibilities include:
- Work with the Vice President of Global Policy & Government Affairs in the drafting of compelling grant proposals highlighting the impact and opportunities aligned with our advocacy model
- Coordinate across country offices to prepare compelling and clearly written monthly and annual narrative reports of Global Citizen’s policy work for major global foundations
- Identify and pitch to potential new donors that will financially support Global Citizen’s policy and advocacy aims in the areas of health, education, food, WASH, and women & girls, and more
- Assist the Global Policy & Government Affairs team in proactively engaging with a range of stakeholders, partners, policy makers, and audiences for advocacy initiatives including foundations, multilateral institutions, and high level government officials
- Assist in the drafting of content pieces on globalcitizen.org that bring the impact of Global Citizen’s policy achievements to life through engaging storytelling
- Work with the Global Policy & Government Affairs team on additional tasks as needed including supporting on major global events such as the Global Citizen Festival through managing high level dignitaries and global leaders
Essential Selection Criteria
- 3-5 years of successful grant writing experience with a non-for-profit
- Proven ability to write structured and persuasive grant proposals and narrative reports
- Strong project management skills and comprehensive knowledge of formulating internal reporting processes
- Demonstrated written and oral communications skills of a high order
- Ability to steward funder relationships through the preparation of compelling briefing documents as well as scheduling meetings and donor appreciation activities
- Active team player with strong interpersonal skills and capacity to develop and maintain effective professional relationships
- Sound judgment and proven ability to work under pressure, determine priorities, and meet tight deadlines
Highly Desirable Selection Criteria
- Ability to contribute effectively as a member of a small team and achieve results with limited direction in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- A proven interest in international development and/or public policy
- Previous campaign experience
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Exposure to development issues
How To Apply
- Please submit a resume, cover letter, and a brief writing sample (no more than 5 pages) related to grant writing and/or funder reporting
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Start date is immediately.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply here with a resume, cover letter, and writing sample submission.