Downtown Community Center - Front Desk Team Leader
- Job posted by Manhattan Youth Recreation and Resources, Inc.
Do you have a passion for working with or around young children? The Downtown Community Community Center is seeking professional, friendly, and energetic individuals who thrive in an enthusiastic and kid-friendly environment.
The Front Desk Team Leader position is responsible for managing our busy reception area. They act as the ‘face’ of our company and ensure visitors receive a warm welcome. Our Front Desk Team Leader will report directly to both the Assistant Director of Membership, with a dotted line report to the Deputy Director of the Downtown Community Center.
Schedule: Sunday 8:45am – 5:15pm, Monday– Thursday 9am-6pm
Key Competencies: Communication, Listening, Leadership, Problem solving, Thinking and reasoning.
Takes the lead on all aspects of day to day MY lobby operations:
- Maintains working relationships and manages internal communication between all MY departments and Front Desk team. Takes lead on following up on any missed Internal Communications, events, rentals or programs, and immediately communicates these to FD staff and MY DCC leadership.
- Works with Operations and Facilities teams to identify building and system issues, communicates them effectively, and works towards solution.
- Insure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Insure customer service and friendly knowledgeable staff, making the Front desk the welcome hub of the center.
- Set example for FD staff, holding doors for members, giving directions and information, sending members to the service desk as is appropriate, and always giving a smile and a warm welcome.
- Insure front desk and lobby area are clean and tidy, with all marketing materials and forms well stocked.
- Insure Manhattan Youth policies and security requirements are met for all guests
- Work closely with Assistant Director of Membership on knowledge of all DCC systems and programs.
- Responsible for knowing sales standards and techniques as developed by the center, and giving tours/selling memberships as needed.
Responsible for providing training, supervision, and support for Front Desk team:
- Work with Assistant Director of Operations to develop and implement consistent on-boarding and training procedures for all front desk staff.
- Trains, cross –trains, and retrains (as necessary) all front office staff
- Continually evaluates training progress and procedures to monitor and effectiveness.
- Consults with Assistant Director of Operations on a consistent basis to assess Front Desk staffing needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance for the employee. 15 days of vacation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, email your resume and a brief description of your background and experience to the above email address. Be sure to indicate your availability, specifically if you are available Sundays. Tell us why you are the perfect fit for this position!