The Victim Rights Law Center’s Massachusetts office is expanding! As the national dialogue about sexual violence prioritizes the legal needs of sexual assault victims, more survivors are coming forward with their safety, privacy, education, housing, employment, financial stability, and immigration needs. We need smart, compassionate staff to join us in leading a new response to sexual violence. The VRLC is hiring a paralegal, an education attorney, and an employment/immigration attorney to work in our Boston office; an attorney to work in Worcester; and an attorney to work in Berkshire County.
The Victim Rights Law Center (VRLC) is a nonprofit law center that provides free legal representation to victims of sexual assault throughout Massachusetts and in Oregon, and national training and support for lawyers and advocates on the civil legal needs of rape and sexual assault victims. The VRLC’s mission is to provide legal representation to victims of rape and sexual assault to help rebuild their lives; and to promote a national movement committed to seeking justice for every rape and sexual assault victim. All applicants must agree with the VRLC’s mission statement and philosophy regarding our commitment to improving the response to sexual violence, empowerment, and inclusiveness. These positions will be filled by people with a strong work ethic, good sense of humor, and a commitment to serving marginalized or underserved populations.
- Provide sexual assault survivors with comprehensive legal consultations, representation, and referrals
- Represent sexual assault survivors in one or more following areas of law: employment, immigration, education, housing, and/or financial stability
- Provide sexual assault survivors with legal assistance in the areas of safety and privacy
- Participate in weekly intake and case assessment meetings
- Conduct strategic outreach to community partners
- Participate in the collection of accurate client services data
- Work collaboratively with a team of lawyers throughout the Commonwealth
- Other duties as assigned
- Admitted to practice law in Massachusetts and in good standing
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a practicing attorney
- Valid driver’s license and comfort driving throughout the Commonwealth
- Demonstrated interest in one or more following areas of law: employment, immigration, education, housing, and/or financial stability
- Experience working with trauma survivors and/or underserved communities
- Fluency in additional languages preferred
- Currently living in Berkshire County
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in additional languages preferred, but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com with both your last name and “Berkshire Attorney” as the subject of your email.
Applications that do not contain all required items will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
The VRLC is an equal opportunity employer. People of color; women; people with disabilities; and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals are encouraged to apply.