Details: Salary commensurate with experience
101 Q Street, NE
Pathways to Housing DC is an innovative agency based in the heart of Washington, D.C. We believe that housing is a basic human right, and that without housing people are unable to address their mental health disorders, addictions, and other life stressors. We provide each person entering our program their own apartment, without requiring treatment compliance or sobriety as a prerequisite. We then provide each person with intensive support services to help them stay housed and begin their journey to recovery.
We are looking for a part time (up to 24 hours per week) Registered Nurse (RN) to serve an integral role supporting our Veterans Housing First Team (VET-HF). This group of social workers, case managers, peers and addiction counselors provide flexible, community based services that are designed to promote the stability, recovery and community reintegration of formerly homeless veterans referred to Pathways by the VA and community agencies. The VET-HF team employs a “Housing First” model to rapidly reduce Veteran homelessness, particularly for those who present with serious mental illness, co-occurring substance use disorders, and/or chronic medical conditions. Services are provided to veterans in the District of Columbia, Northern Virginia and Maryland.
- Provide comprehensive and holistic primary care, including: physical exams, development of diagnosis, management of acute and chronic illnesses;
- Evaluate outcomes of care and make medical recommendations;
- Evaluate pharmacological treatment regime;
- Collaborates with the VA, Pathways staff and other health care providers and makes appropriate referrals;
- Develop, maintain and update plans of care and health care records and other documentation as required;
- Conducts monthly Medication/Treatment review of team charts
- Teach health promotion to veterans and staff;
- Advocate for veterans in accessing and navigating the heath care system;
- Work closely with the Team and veteran in establishing and following the optimal treatment/service plan;
- Participate in check-in meeting and case reviews, and consults with team members as needed;
- Collaborate with staff to coordinate prescriptions and orders, and to oversee the overall health of veteran;
- Engage qualified veterans in medical services, both on site and in the community;
- Serve as health care resources to veterans and families/significant others;
- Participate in facilitating appropriate hospitalizations (medical and psychiatric), crisis interventions and referrals;
- Communicate with hospital staff to ensure optimal treatment and discharge planning;
- Establish and lead education and support groups on health related topics, in the health and fitness initiative, e;g; mental illness, psychiatric mediations, nutrition, safe sex , obesity and smoking cessation;
- Provide in-services and trainings to staff;
- Perform other related duties as required
- Preference provided to current, reserve or veterans of the US Armed Forces.
- Licensed as Registered Nurse in Washington DC
- BS or MS in nursing preferred
- Experience or training in community service preferred;
- Experience with dual-diagnosed population preferred;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion and sensitivity to persons with disabilities and other minority populations;
Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, generous leave and 403(b).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply online or send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org