Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Business Operations Manager, Communal Security Initiative.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, this position has direct oversight and is accountable for the effectiveness of internal operations as well as the administration, logistics, tracking, external reporting and coordination of the various aspects of the Communal Security Initiative.
The Business Operations Manager is responsible for working within the context of the Communal Security team to ensure the team meets internal organizational goals and targets as well as targets set by team members or donors associated with each project. S/he must be capable of managing multiple projects under tight deadlines all while maintaining an unflappable demeanor.
The position will entail working with team members, superiors, donors and external partners in the inside and outside of the Boston area.
· Oversee logistics and administration for the Communal Security Initiative and all connected projects. Including managing the Program Administrator and Program Assistant.
· Develop a good working relationship with respect to logistics with internal and external partners at all levels to ensure the smooth functioning of projects.
· Work with internal partners in Development to ensure that accurate and up to date information is conveyed in a timely fashion – working with Deputy Director and Director to ensure data provided meets needs of all parties involved.
· Coordinate with marketing department to ensure that CSI materials are consistent in terms of content and appearance, and are distributed to internal and external partners to meet existing and emerging needs.
· Manage logistical and operation tasks relating to contractors – Serves as the main point of contact for outside contractors.
· Develop and maintain close working relationships with key departments that CJP CSI team works with on a regular basis.
· Develop and maintain close working relationships with administrative and logistical staff at partner organizations to facilitate training, disbursement of grants, consultations and other critical services as needed.
· Produce and edit existing PowerPoint presentations.
· Create reports for stakeholders based on data from project outputs and outcomes and the budget.
· Prepare and manage budgets of the projects associated with the initiative.
· Meet deadlines for all processes associated with the initiative, including budgeting, internal reporting and liaising with Development professionals.
· Within budgeting and allocations process, advise team on projections, refine systems as necessary.
· Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation
· Master’s degree preferred; Bachelor’s degree required.
· 5 years of experience working and demonstrated success managing administratively complex projects and working with a wide variety of organizational levels and personalities.
· Strong Analytical Skills - ability to apply logic and problem-solving skills and develop and implement effective accounting policies and procedures to enhance current internal controls.
· Strategic Vision and Agility—ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan
· Results—proven track record of meeting or exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; high level of business acumen and the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget.
· Strong interpersonal skills – ability to work effectively with varying layers within the organization all without formal reporting lines; ability to influence without formal authority.
· Excellent verbal and written skills
· Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities.
· Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods, much of which will be working at a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6178095.careers?ApplyToJob=403094514
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.
Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and…
Please use this link to apply:
Please use this link to apply: