Lantern is seeking an Executive Director who will report to the President and the Board of Directors. S/he will directly supervise senior management team. Specific duties are detailed below.
- Assuring that the organization has a long-range strategy consistent with its overall mission
- Establishing and executing major goals and objectives for the organization
- Implementing policies established by the Board of Directors
- Providing leadership, direction and guidance over Lantern’s activities
- Managing the operational effectiveness and risk at Lantern and assist the President to provide staff support and guidance to the Board of Directors
- Representing Lantern to regulatory bodies, other agencies, community and civic organizations, donors, funders and supporters, and the general public
- Directly supervise the COO and oversee all aspects of the LCS’s fiscal operations
- With senior management prepare and manage annual operating budget
- With Board of Directors, insure that Lantern has the working capital to operate efficiently and grow sustainably
- Responsible for ensuring a responsive and inclusive human resources program with a system of regular staff evaluations and competitive hiring and retention initiatives
- Review all hiring recommendations and provide approval for all senior level staff hires and terminations as needed
Communications and Development
- Directly supervise the VP for External Affairs
- Develop and maintain relationships with major funders (government and private) and individual financial supporters
- With VP for External Affairs manage all aspects of internal agency communication functions, and; ensure President and specific Committee Chairs receive all pertinent communication from agencies doing business with organization
- With VP for External Affairs manage all aspects of external communication, including responding to crises should need arise; developing and implementing communication strategies, promoting positive publicity campaigns, etc.
- Responsible for working on the services and community relations side of new development opportunities, including responding to services RFPs, presenting to Community Boards, and renting-up the special needs units
- Directly supervise the Chief Program Officer and oversee all aspects of service delivery
- Provide support and guidance towards the implementation and evaluation of programs
- Present program management progress and outcome reports and intervention plans to the President and Board of Directors on a regular basis
Policies and Procedures Management
- Directly supervise the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) and oversee all aspects of compliance
- Responsible for the overall policies and procedures of the organization
- Present policy and procedure updates to the President and Board of Directors as appropriate
- With the CCO, manage legal issues and the organization’s response to them
- Present contract management outcomes, progress reports and intervention plans to the President and Board of Directors on a regular basis
- The ED is responsible for overall collaboration with Arete Management, the partner organization providing buildings services at each building; and Lantern Organization, the development partner organization, ensuring that all city, state and federal regulations are met; and maintaining stability and regulatory compliance in program sites.
The successful candidate will have at least 7-10 years of demonstrated leadership experience in a nonprofit organization, homeless and housing organizations is preferred. Knowledge of and experience with government contract funding is critical. S/he will preferably have a Master’s Degree in an applicable discipline (i.e. MPA, MBA). The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. S/he will possess proficiency in understanding financial reports. Microsoft Office Suite proficiency is also desired.
Lantern Community Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
Lantern Community Services (Lantern) values the diversity of all our clients, staff, Board of Directors, and partners. By bringing diverse individuals and viewpoints together, we create more vibrant, healthy and just communities. Lantern welcomes individuals of all backgrounds and experiences regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, political belief, religion, immigration status, veteran status, class, creed, and mental or physical disability.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com