Details: Based on experience
LOCATION: East Coast (NYC strongly preferred)
ABOUT THE IMEU: The Institute for Middle East Understanding (IMEU) is an independent 501c3 nonprofit that educates audiences in the US about Palestine and Palestinians through media. We do this by offering mainstream US media access to facts, analysis and experts in order to help them cover the issue with accuracy and depth, and by creating and disseminating original videos, photo essays, and other content.
ABOUT THE POSITION: The Senior Digital Media Manager will work closely with the Executive Director and other staff to develop and execute the organization's digital mediavision and strategy. The Senior Digital Media Manager will manage and mentor other team members, overseeing the IMEU's digital channels and original content.
The ideal candidate will have a keen understanding of Palestinian history, culture and current events in addition to a deep familiarity with US cultural, political and social dynamics. The ideal candidate will bring a collaborative mindset and sharp sense of how to translate current digital consumption trends into impactful original content creation and channel curation.
- Manage a growing team of original content staff and freelancers – in the US and Palestine — to conceive, produce and distribute IMEU videos and other multimedia content across various digital channels
- Develop and track workflows and processes, creating and/or overseeing production schedules and budgets
- Monitor both consumption trends and the digital storytelling landscape in media
- Oversee the curation of IMEU’s digital platforms and the monitoring of platform analytics, adjusting digital strategy accordingly
- Build relationships with digital media departments at target outlets
- Work with IMEU’s pitching team to place original content and engage multimedia professionals
- Develop/expand distribution channels for IMEU video/multimedia content
- Proven track record of team and project management
- Proven track record in multimedia content production (from conception to completion) for various digital platforms and/or mainstream media
- Strategic and hands-on, with a firm grasp of digital audience and consumption patterns
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Understanding of how to tell stories in new and compelling ways
- Passion for news, digital trends, and social media
- An understanding of the role creative content plays in achieving campaign victories
- Ability to be persuasive via digital, written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years work experience in film, digital media and/or television
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite, specifically Premiere
- Knowledge of Palestinian history, politics and culture
- Flexibility in a fast-paced setting where projects and priorities evolve along with the news cycle
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and projects, and to meet tight deadlines
- A good sense of humor!
Excellent benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, a retirement plan, and generous vacation leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Digital Media Manager” in the subject line.