808 Market Street
Catholic Partnership Schools
· Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s Degree Preferred
· Bilingual English/Spanish very strongly preferred
· Valid driver’s license and vehicle, required
- Previous experience in education, social work, social services, and/or family support preferred.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working with high school-aged students, especially first generation to college, strongly preferred.
- Organized, detail-oriented, self-starter and fast learner
- Creative, flexible, with quick turnaround
- Able to assess situations and create solutions
- Able to connect to and mentor high school aged students and their parents
- Collaborative nature that builds and maintains partnerships with students, families, colleagues and collaborators.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Graduate Support Coordinator will serve as a case manager for a subset of Catholic Partnership Schools’ graduates. Beginning in the summer between 8th and 9th grades, the coordinator will act as a mentor and guide to CPS alumni; supporting them and tracking through the successful completion of high school and entrance into post-secondary school and/or employment.
Specific responsibilities will include the following:
· Meet with students/parents individually or in small groups about the high school transition in the summer between 8th and 9th grades to help prepare them for the transition to high school.
· Facilitate workshops for students on vocational awareness, test taking skills, note taking skills, learning styles, and study skills, email reading and writing skills, mock interviews, and appropriate social media use, and any other topics that might help them navigate high school successfully.
· Assist students with PSAT and SAT prep in sophomore, junior, and senior years.
· With a focus on freshmen and seniors, meet individually and in small groups with students at least monthly throughout the year to check in on grades, participation in activities, progress towards goals, and help problem solve any issues that might arise.
· Help manage the students’ application process to college by helping them to research and visit colleges, schedule and take PSAT/SAT/ACT tests, fill out and send in application materials, write essays, prepare for interviews, etc.
· Coordinate financial aid workshops for parents and students. Assist families with financial aid applications. Help to educate students and parents about the implications of various choices (eg: in-state vs. out of state, loans vs. grants, etc.)
· Offer information to students about summer job/volunteer/program opportunities.
· Obtain signatures from parents for the release of student records
· Correspond with students and families as needed via face-to-face contact, phone, email, or letter.
· Work with high school guidance counselors to ensure streamlined services to our graduates.
· Assist with summer enrichment program for rising 9th graders.
· Arrange for tutoring, as needed.
· Collect data on graduates and work with other CPS staff to ensure that alumni tracking database is up to date.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual English/Spanish very strongly preferred.
Minimum Education Required