Program Associate, Events and Coordination
- Job posted by Canadian Red Cross - International Operations
170 Metcalfe Street
POSITION: Program Associate, Events and Coordination
DURATION: Temporary, Full Time (12 months)
LOCATION: Ottawa, ON –Office based
Do you want to make a difference? Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping the most vulnerable in Canada and throughout the world, is currently seeking a Program Associate, Events and Coordination.
Reporting to the Head of Region, MENA (with matrix management to other Heads of Regions and Senior Manager, Advisors) the Program Associate is one of two in a team supporting the activities of the Global Programs team. The Program Associate serves as a key focal point for support services implicated in GP projects and programs.
The Program Associate provides valuable administrative, operational, and logistical support to the Global Programs department in CRC’s National Office (NO). This will include general day-to-day administrative activities, financial support, travel arrangements and meeting and event coordination, framed by IO Strategy 2020 (S2020) to deliver in the Last Mile. The Program Associate also liaises with relevant team members to ensure document and record management of the work of Global Programs team.
The Program Associate contributes towards the mandate of the Global Programs: Oversee the delivery of programs and services to people and communities within the context of S2020 in four regions: Asia, Africa, Americas and MENA (Middle East and North Africa). Manage and grow partnerships and relationships with select National Societies and key stakeholders.
About the Canadian Red Cross (CRC): http://www.redcross.ca/
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ORGANIZATION
- Post-secondary education in business administration and / or financial accounting and/or event coordination from a recognized academic institution.
- Confident in using IT tools and software, particularly Microsoft Office suite
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, French required
- 1-3 years of related work experience, ideally with an international organization.
- Experience in finance and budget support, ideally in a non-profit context
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills to dedicate to a humanitarian vision
- Excellent organizational, time management, technical and numeracy skills.
- Attention to detail and a high level of sustained concentration.
- Accuracy in collecting, storing and retrieving information.
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Ability to develop strong cross-functional working relationships, evidenced by a track record of teamwork and collegiality in building relationships.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced and changing environment with multiple conflicting demands.
- Resilience and adaptability to changing circumstances and an evolving environment
- Commitment to the Principles of the Red Cross Movement.
- Commitment to Gender Equality an Social Inclusion
WHAT MAKES YOU GREAT
- Experience in event coordination and minute-taking is an asset
WHAT WE OFFER
- Various learning and networking opportunities worldwide
- Employees Extended Healthcare and Dental plans
- Registered Retirement Pension Plan (RPP)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP): All employees are entitled to open a RRSP account through voluntary payroll deduction the first of the month following three months of continuous employment
- Gym and shower facilities
- Conveniently located in the heart of the city of Ottawa with excellent access to public transportation
- Modern and flexible working environment that promotes diversity, and allows telecommuting.
HOW TO APPLY
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We welcome applications from all applicants particularly Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification and share our values.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any particular adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.
Minimum Education Required