5529 1st Avenue South
Jobs to Move America is a national non-profit organization seeking a Strategic Campaigner/Researcher in Birmingham, Alabama to work with the a national team on research and community outreach related to global manufacturers that have opened factories in Alabama and Mississippi.
About Jobs to Move America Jobs to Move America (JMA) is a national organization working to ensure that public investment in manufactured equipment supports quality American manufacturing jobs, and generates career opportunities for historically underrepresented workers in the industry, as well as those facing barriers to employment. Jobs to Move America also negotiates Community Benefits Agreements with high road manufacturing employers in the U.S. to ensure equity and opportunity for all workers
- Strong writing skills including the ability to explain technical information to a nontechnical audience.
- Demonstrated success requesting and obtaining public records from local, state and the federal government.
- Familiarity with a variety of research methods including experience reviewing voluminous public documents for patterns/information pertinent to employment practices.
- Proven expertise with excel and/or other spreadsheet programs.
- Must be able to understand and describe the behavior of business organizations, financial institutions, and/or other large, complex institutions from the perspective of working people.
- Must have experience living and working in the South.
- Must have a car and a valid drivers license
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide array of constituencies including elected officials, agency staff, and members of the public.
- Ability to effectively manage a workload with competing priorities, collaborate as part of a team, and work in a deadline driven environment.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
EXTRA CONSIDERATION will be given for candidates who:
- Identify as persons of color, women, veterans, or formerly incarcerated persons and/or have had experience working with more than one of those groups.
- Have experience working in the labor movement.
- Have experience working as a community or labor organizer.
- Fluent speaking a language other than English.
- Have experience with a workforce-reentry and/or pre-apprenticeship program.
Terms of Employment The salary range for the position is $48,000 - $62,000. JMA offers full family health benefits (at no premium cost to the employee), retirement, and generous time off.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Application Process This position is available starting December 1st. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Alabama Researcher/Campaigner” in the subject line. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements will not receive a response. All Candidates will be expected to complete a research and writing assignment. No phone calls, please.