1309 South Wood Street
Chicago Access Network Television (CAN TV) is seeking a part-time Operations Coordinator to assist local residents in the creation of local programming through use of CAN TV’s video production facilities and equipment. CAN TV helps people adapt to a changing multi-media environment by teaching skills toward independent use of media, expanding the diversity of voices, ideas and opinions available on CAN TV and online. CAN TV recently built and moved to a modern multi-use facility at 1309 S. Wood St. in the Illinois Medical District.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Assist community producers in the effective, efficient and appropriate use of technical equipment, facilities and resources.
· Schedule use of video production equipment and facilities.
· Report on equipment and facilities inventory and use, including identifying and reporting on equipment damage, repair and loss.
· Identify and refer residents for practice sessions or additional training as needed to the Operations Manager.
· Facilitate ongoing maintenance, cleanliness, security and safety of premises.
· Implement procedures and enforce rules relating use of CAN TV facilities and equipment.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Three or more years of excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Proficiency in the use of digital video production equipment.
· Technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
· Strong organizational skills; with a proven ability to complete tasks accurately and on deadline.
· Ability to accommodate and adhere to a flexible work schedule (evenings & weekends)
· The workweek will be 16-20 hours from Monday thru Saturday
· Understanding of the need for, and the role of public access television.
· Bilingual Spanish a plus.
· Some college is preferred.
This position is part of the NABET/CWA Local 41 bargaining unit at CAN TV with a salary of $15.00 per hour. The position reports to CAN TV’s Operations Manager. CAN TV is an equal opportunity employer.
This is a part-time position and benefits are not offered.
Minimum Education Required