31 East Armat Street
Position Title: Social Worker
Reports to: Program Coordinator
Date: January 30, 2006 (revised)
Goal of Position: To ensure a high quality of service delivery in all aspects of client care through the coordination, supervision and development of staff’s case management and clinical skills.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
· Oversee the development, implementation, documentation and evaluation of youth goal plans.
· Ensure immediate and effective quality case management response to all client care needs.
· Supervise all assigned staff, to ensure that the case management services provided to clients reflects agency principles.
· Supervise program staff including all aspects of development and guidance (e.g. performance appraisals, disciplinary action, individual sessions, etc.).
· Provide consistent, documented clinical supervision and support of all assigned staff.
· Ensure compliance of agency policies and procedures and maintain the standard, which reflect our Mission and philosophy of care.
· Participate in the facilitation and coordination of all team meetings, case reviews and transition meetings by ensuring staff participation and preparation.
· Ensure responsible use of all resources and distribution of funds issued in accordance with agency philosophy, policies and practices.
· Ensure the maintenance and accurate documentation of case files and program information.
· Prepare reports when assigned including but not limited to psychosocial summaries, grant reports, monthly, quarterly and/or annual reports.
· Develop and maintain relationships with outside agencies, organizations and committees concerning program and youth related issues.
· Participate in the development of program resources for the population served.
· Ensure a safe and healthy environment for staff and clients through the communication of program issues and concerns to the Program Coordinator of the CSC.
· Exhibit professional behavior in all interactions with staff and youth.
· All other duties assigned by the Coordinator of the CSC.
Knowledge and Skills: Masters degree in human service field; excellent organizational, clinical, leadership, and communication skills, deep commitment to the youth we serve, flexibility, strong ability to handle multiple tasks; knowledge of youth population issues, residential programming experience a plus, and valid Pennsylvania drivers license and insurable driving record.
Covenant House Pennsylvania is an employer of choice offering:
-Flexible Spending Accounts
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required