755 Frederick Street
If you are a dependable, detail-oriented professional with strong financial skills and a love of the arts, we want to hear from you!
Circus Center, a non-profit organization and the oldest and largest circus training and performing arts center on the West Coast, seeks a full-time salaried Finance/HR Manager. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance/HR Manager holds a senior administrative role and is responsible for administering the organization’s finance and human resources functions.
- Serve as the company controller
- Manage accounts payable and receivable
- Administer payroll
- Prepare organizational budgets and other financial forecasts
Human Resource Management (25%)
- Oversee adherence to HR policies and procedure
- Drive implementation of HR processes
- Serve as HR contact for all personnel
- Manage employee benefits and perks
Other Duties (10%)
- Manage overall company insurances and business filings
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration; or equivalent training/experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in relevant accounting position(s). Nonprofit experience desirable.
- Proven record in financial management, including creating and managing budgets; financial aspects of public and private grants; and completing reports, contracts, and other projects.
- Demonstrated work experience in an administrative position showing a high level of organizational skills, exceptional dependability, and a meticulous attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of human resources practices and principles, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, and performance management.
- Good interpersonal, analytical, math, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Quickbooks Online and Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- A proven record of working successfully with diverse populations.
- A positive attitude and an ability to be decisive yet flexible, with a comprehensive approach to problem solving and decision making.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, and climb stairs; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 30 pounds unassisted. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to various components of an office environment such as florescent lighting, pollen, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, VDTs, semi-enclosed areas, seasonal warmer/cooler temperatures and office noise.
Review of applications will begin immediately. The priority application deadline is October 31, 2018, but the position will remain open until successfully filled. Salary range is $55,000-$65,000 depending on experience. To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Finance/HR Manager - Your Name” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Transportation benefit for public or shared commuting costs
- Free or discounted access to classes, shows, and other training opportunities
Minimum Education Required