The Office Manager is responsible for the daily function and coordination of NY Common Pantry's office/administrative systems; supporting the administrative needs of the Executive Director and the Senior Management team; Coordination/Support of IT infrastructure; Fiscal procedures for Business Office; data entry; and Reception of visitors and volunteers as needed. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
- Organize office operations, facilities and procedures.
- Supporting the administrative needs of the Executive Director and the Senior Management Team, including schedule appointments and maintain their calendars.
- Create/edit documents for Executive Director as needed and maintain the Executive Director's filing.
- Prepare check requests for all invoices received and obtain approvals.
- Prepare purchase request, obtain approvals and process purchases.
- Manage all inventories and purchases of office supplies, ensuring that supplies are replenished before they are completely depleted.
- Manage all purchase requests and verify receipt.
- Assist in the management and troubleshooting of the agency's IT Infrastructure, including opening service tickets with IT Consultancy.
- Manage and troubleshoot all administrative equipment, including copiers, fax machine and postage machine. Place service calls for administrative equipment with vendors as needed.
- Assist with large mailings, including printing, folding, stuffing and placing in the mail.
- Correspond with board members as requested.
- Coordinate with contractors/technicians and program staff for repairs of building, HVAC Systems, boilers, machinery, equipment, lighting and electrical, vehicles, and furnishings.
- Conduct bidding for large repairs, purchases, maintenance, service contracts and leasehold improvements when required.
- Post outgoing mail.
- Conduct reception of all visitors and answer general phone inquiries. Interact with NY Common Pantry clients and volunteers on days receptionist is out.
- As necessary, work with clients and volunteers to ensure effective delivery of services
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Additional responsibilities by area:
- Coordinate yearly budget review process.
- Monitor codes and spending in programs.
- Assist in preparation of budgets for grant applications and programs.
- Data Analysis
- Use Excel and other programs to analyze programmatic and development data.
- Regularly monitor collected data to maintain accuracy.
- Review data collection forms and data entry methods.
- Review databases/data storage to ensure security and accessibility of data.
- Conduct external research.
- Assist Program Directors in processing reports.
- Run various regular budget and data reports.
- Assist in preparation of presentations and other external documents.
- Set up new employees with various IT accounts.
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Coordinate with IT contractors, place service calls.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Must have at least three years of administrative experience in a professional environment.
- Excellent written communications skills, including proofreading, correspondence, and composition.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet and email software at a highly proficient level. Experience with database management, Excel programming, and statistical analysis strongly preferred.
- Knowledgeable of IT Infrastructures and able to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy in all tasks.
- Effective organizational skills and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively multitask in a fast-paced office environment.
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 403 B Retirement benefit.
- Paid Holidays, Sick Days, and Vacation.
- Pre-tax Transit benefits.
- No-cost Life Insurance benefits.
NY Common Pantry is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.