The Data Manager is responsible for accessing, analyzing and communicating data and utilizing evidence-based practices to drive systemic change toward success for every child in school and in life, cradle to career. The incumbent will work with the Executive Director, partnership staff, and community partners to help identify goals, measure progress, establish systems for data management and evaluation, facilitate the use of data and research, and communicate progress to internal and external audiences.
- Lead the partnership and the Kenosha County at large to develop strong analytical skills and data literacy
- Convene and facilitate meetings that guide key decisions, present data that measures how issues of equity impact the lives of children, youth and their families, and identify best practices and opportunities for improvement
- Provide guidance and support to data fellow(s), where applicable
Data and Research
- Drive the shaping of data to identify system gaps and track progress toward closing those gaps
- Work with staff and partner organizations to obtain and deploy needed data which supports a continuous improvement model
- Identify and prepare data content, including charts, graphs and narratives for collaborative action teams, governing boards and public communications and presentations
- Establish new data gathering and analysis techniques within the partnership
- Maintain the partnership dashboards on the website, using Tableau
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required with three (3) or more years of relevant work experience, preferably in field of research and data analysis, statistics, economics, epidemiology, continuous improvement, or program evaluation.
- Master’s degree preferred. Applicants with extensive, relevant work experience in lieu of a bachelor’s or master’s degree will also be considered.
- Experience building community relationships and partnerships, including coaching others in data use, understanding, and analysis
- Experience conducting and presenting simple and complex data analyses
- Experience leading and/or coordinating team projects with demonstrated results
- Experience with a continuous improvement process preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience with a data visualization software, like Tableau
- 1-3 years’ experience in data analysis using Excel, R or Python or similar software
- 1-3 years’ experience in program development, management, and/or evaluation
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint, and Google Suite