The Marketing and Social Media Manager is responsible for all aspects of publicity and promotion of events at One Longfellow Square. This position is responsible for increasing and maintaining the public visibility and marketability of the venue and our events. You will work closely with the OLS Team to develop and implement marketing and advertising campaigns and collateral, manage marketing databases, track and report marketing data and maintain promotional materials inventory.
- Create marketing and publicity materials including social media content, graphics, digital and printable posters/flyers/banners, press releases, venue slideshows, and any other materials necessary to help promote our concerts, rentals, development activities, and other OLS-related events.
- Create, post, and refresh content for social media sites.
- Create a plan for hanging up event posters around the city each week.
- Manage and update OLS website with events, announcements, and content.
- Update and maintain CRM and event databases. Manage and report data as requested.
- Drive the timely publicity of all events, including event postings and paid advertisements as appropriate.
- Coordinate mailing lists, mailings, and newsletters (digital and snail mail).
- Interact with local media outlets to promote our shows and run ads.
- Coordinate with Programming Director on marketing plan for all upcoming concerts, including announcement date, media outreach, social media plan, artist management outreach.
- Coordinate with Development staff to promote membership program and campaigns, annual appeal campaigns, fundraising events, and other development activities.
- Sell tickets and field our patrons’ inquiries via phone, online, and in-person at our box office. Manage advance ticket sales.
- Help with show announcements/Host Committee if needed.
- Also coordinate with Venue Manager, Rental Coordinator, Business and Finance Coordinator, and the Board of Directors.
- Other duties as required
Knowledge and Skills required:
- College degree or work experience in relevant field.
- Previous experience managing social media sites (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and specifically previous experience using Facebook Ads.
- Ability to update content in WordPress and to manage core/plugin updates.
- Graphic design experience.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with ticketing and/or membership software.
- Skilled in MS Office suite.
- Capacity to stay informed of industry trends and competitive landscape.
- Candidates with prior IT knowledge/experience given preferential consideration.
- Knowledge of the Portland music and arts scene is a plus!
This is not a remote position. The employee must be able to assume a wide range of responsibilities, to work with staff that vary in their work styles, and to work under pressure. The employee must demonstrate a willingness to work irregular/extra hours, evenings, weekends, and limited travel as necessary. In addition, the employee must provide timely response to requests and deadlines and receive, process, and provide visual, verbal, and written information. To perform this job successfully the employee in this position must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The employee must be an energetic self-starter who is able to function comfortably in a team environment or independently and relates well to co-workers and the public. This position requires flexibility and the ability to manage time and multiple tasks with little supervision.