641 S Street, NW
District of Columbia
The Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation (Meso Foundation) is the nonprofit collaboration of patients and families, physicians, advocates, and researchers dedicated to eradicating the life-ending and vicious effects of mesothelioma. From our office in Washington, D.C., the Foundation’s staff work nationally and globally to accomplish this mission. We offer medical information, hope and support to mesothelioma patients and families, fund the highest quality and most promising research projects from around the world, raise awareness of the disease, and advocate that the public and private sectors partner in the effort to cure it.
The Development Director creates and oversees the implementation of a strategic approach to fundraising which may include major gifts, corporate donations, grant solicitations, and in-kind resources. The director creates, coordinates, and cultivates giving programs including event sponsors, grants, corporate giving, annual fund and any others identified by the Executive Director and Board of Directors. The Development Director reports to the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors and Executive Director to create a fundraising plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Implement the fundraising plan in accordance with ethical fundraising principles
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that goals are being achieved
- Monitor trends in the Meso community and adapt fundraising strategies as necessary; Generate new ideas that increase revenue and donor loyalty
- Manages Development Office administrative, clerical, and donor stewardship functions, including processing, preparing, and sending thank you letters for all donations
- Manages the Meso Foundation’s development database and donor records which includes gift and pledge processing and reminders
- Prepares and updates, as required, notes/reports and other summary items showing the development office’s progress in achieving the fundraising goals over the course of a fiscal year
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fundraising processes are carried out in a timely manner
- Prepare and submit grant applications to generate donations for the organization
- Oversee the planning and execution of fundraising events; Engage volunteers and ambassadors for special fundraising projects
- Coordinate with the Communications Director to create effective marketing materials to support development efforts
- Build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization
- Other duties, as assigned
The Meso Foundation is looking to hire a Director of Development who has the following experience and skills, at a minimum:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years of non-profit fundraising experience
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships across all levels of the organization with a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Solid understanding of development operation fundamentals and how to improve and enhance existing systems
- Expert in using database systems to track fundraising efforts
- Exceptional prospect screening and research skills
- Expert in running reports and extracting information from the reports
- Proven knowledge of efforts related to donor outreach, mailings, personal solicitations, internet fundraising and special events/programs
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Superior written and verbal communication
- Willing and able to travel; Time given back for attending weekend events
To apply, please send a cover letter, salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The Meso Foundation is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include cover letter, salary requirements and resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.