ABOUT THE POSITION: The Building Specialist maintains a security presence in the reception and lobby area. They observe, record, and respond as needed to the comings and goings of guests, staff and residents, maintain a safe and comfortable environment for residents, and respond to tenant issues as appropriate. This is a unionized position, represented by Local 8 of the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: With permanent housing for veteran individuals and families, our Compass Veterans Center – Renton (RVC) offers a variety of veteran specific services. Reading groups and art classes for children in our youth center engage young residents, and case management services help adults find the support they need. The program is open to homeless veterans or homeless veterans with families, earning between zero to 60 percent Area Median Income.
LOCATION: Renton Veterans Center
REPORTS TO: Property Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 11pm-7am with staff meetings quarterly
SALARY RANGE: $14.28 per hour
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree is strongly desired, Bachelor’s degree preferred in social services or social work related field.
- A minimum of 1-year experience in building security and/or customer service, desired.
- At least 1-year of experience in human services (work and/or volunteer), desired.
- Familiarity with issues of homelessness, mental illness, chemical dependency, sexual assault, and/or domestic violence, desired.
- Experience working with clients with English as a second language or where there is limited English speaking ability.
- Or relevant work experience, certificate and/or equivalent continuing professional development or education.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, type, and reach with hands and arms; and requires the ability to occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry supplies up to 20 pounds.
- Work takes place in a program office environment where long periods of sitting, working on a computer, walking to various work areas, going up and down stairs, and standing are required.
Mental efforts like attention to detail, interacting with others in-person and through email, using critical thinking skills to strategize, develop and implement plans, create and edit documents, listen and participate verbally at meetings.
In compliance with the ADA Amendment Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 206-474-1100 or via e-mail at HRInfo@compasshousingalliance.org.
Complete benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Flexible Spending Account, fully paid Orca transportation card, 403(b) retirement plan, Employee Assistance Program, and a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) program
Minimum Education Required