Details: Commensurate with experience and the responsibilities of the position.
12 W. 32nd Street
Chamber Music America (CMA) seeks a part-time* Digital Content Editor to craft messaging for its website, e-newsletter, e-blasts, and social media platforms and assist with implementing communications initiatives.
About CMA: Chamber Music America is the national network for the ensemble music profession. With a membership of nearly 6,000 ensembles, concert presenters, festivals, training programs, independent musicians, educators, composers, music businesses, and chamber music enthusiasts, CMA encompasses a diversity of styles and traditions spanning western and non-western classical and contemporary, jazz, and evolving genres.
• Collaborate closely with Digital Media Producer to craft and present cohesive organizational message
• Oversee CMA’s email campaigns through drafting, editing, and sending weekly e-newsletters as well as regular updates, announcements, and reminders to CMA’s 9000+ subscribers
• Share responsibilities in backend website maintenance and social media posting
• Proof and edit copy that appears on the CMA website and in social media posts
• Oversee CMA’s Submittable account, editing, posting, updating, and troubleshooting applications for CMA grant programs and opportunities
• Work with CMA staff to help market our programs and activities and make CMA’s digital presence engaging and informative for small ensemble music professionals
• Other tasks as assigned
• Reports to Director of Operations
• Demonstrated ability to write for web and digital media; experience crafting an organization’s voice
• Excellent proofing and copyediting skills
• Proficiency with MailChimp or similar email marketing platform
• Familiarity with social media tools, trends, and best practices
• Interest in writing expanded content
• Experience with Google Analytics and other web tracking tools for data analysis; Brand marketing a plus
• Basic HTML and experience with site mapping a plus
• Familiarity with online musical communities, organizational sites, publications, blogs, etc.
• Ideal candidate takes initiative, has impeccable attention to detail, meets deadlines, and can manage multiple simultaneous projects from development to completion
*At this time, position is part-time at three days/week, with potential for growth depending on organization’s needs
CMA is committed to a staff environment that is diverse, inclusive, and equitable. CMA does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or gender expression.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, email the following to CMAoffice@chamber-music.org with “Digital Content Editor” in the subject line:
- A cover letter indicating how your skills and experience meet the qualifications for the position; include your salary requirements
- A writing sample or links to relevant work
No phone calls please. You will be contacted should an interview be required.