5 Union Square West
BSR is a global nonprofit organization that works with its network of more than 250 member companies and other partners to build a just and sustainable world. From its offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. Visit www.bsr.org for more information about BSR’s 25 years of leadership in sustainability.
We are proud to say that we have a team of some of the most talented and motivated people in the industry working in our global offices in Copenhagen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
The Manager, Supply Chain Sustainability will be on the team working with companies in BSR’s area of expertise. The Manager will partner on BSR’s work across all industries, with a focus on supply chain sustainability primarily in the consumer sector, including consumer products; apparel and fashion; food, beverage and agriculture; and travel and tourism. The Manager will serve BSR efforts globally, but will focus on developing and executing projects in the U.S.
The Manager will work closely with BSR directors and staff to deliver consulting and grant-funded projects that provide high value to BSR members and other leading companies that are interested in improving their sustainability performance. The Manager will also ensure high-quality engagement with BSR member companies and support business development efforts. This position is full-time and based in New York.
- Consulting Services: The Manager will play a key role in delivering supply chain sustainability, transparency, and responsible sourcing-focused consulting services to member and non-member companies, primarily in consumer-facing industries
- Member Engagement: The Manager will oversee several member relationships and provide member support to drive recruitment and retention.
- Business Development: The Manager will be responsible for developing new business opportunities in supply chain sustainability and across BSR’s portfolio as applicable.
- Project Implementation: The Manager will assume responsibility for designing and implementing consulting projects with members and non-members. The role includes scoping and budgeting; client and people management; providing supply chain expertise; conducting primary research, including leading stakeholder interviews; utilizing relevant supply chain/sustainability technology and tools; innovative solution development; and presentation and facilitation skills. The Manager role requires keen analysis and synthesis skills to develop client-specific recommendations. The Manager should expect to allocate up to 70 percent of her/his time to project implementation.
- Collaborative Action: The Manager will support collaborative initiatives in the U.S. and globally, helping to design, facilitate, and drive innovative approaches to creating business and social value for participating companies.
- External Representation: The Manager will represent BSR and the supply chain sustainability practice to external audiences, especially in U.S., by presenting at conferences, writing publications, forming beneficial external partnerships, and creating other opportunities to raise the profile of BSR more broadly.
The ideal candidate must be able to thrive in an international and entrepreneurial environment, working at the nexus between business and society. The candidate must be able to plan, execute, and continuously improve his/her work independently and/or in close collaboration with colleagues, as appropriate.
- Master’s degree in business and/or sustainability/CSR preferred.
- Subject matter expertise/direct experience in supply chain management and operations, ideally in consumer-facing sectors.
- Demonstrated business development skills within a sustainability context.
- Strong project management skills.
- Subject matter expertise/direct experience in supply chain sustainability, supply chain risk, and/or transparency, with exposure and interest in innovative/technology solutions to drive sustainability goals. Additional expertise in one of BSR’s areas of expertise a clear advantage (i.e., human rights, climate change, inclusive economy, women’s empowerment, sustainability management).
- 7-10 years of relevant professional experience from a top-tier consulting firm; NGO working with business (implementation role); or a CSR/sustainability, operations, corporate affairs, business development, or similar role in a consumer-facing company.
- Proven and demonstrated track record of success in working with business in a client/customer-facing position.
- Experience managing multiple, disparate projects simultaneously.
- Fluent in both written and conversational English; fluency in Spanish, French, or other language a plus.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills for high-level interaction with members and other companies.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization with a collaborative environment.
- Ability to undertake business travel up to 25 percent of the time or more.
- High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of leadership, respect, and integrity.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
As part of our dedication to diversity, BSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at BSR are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply online at https://www.bsr.org/careers.