Duration: July-December 2018
Part-Time: 21 hours
Salary: £15,914 p.a (FTE £26,524, pro-rata) plus generous holiday entitlement, pension scheme and group life assurance
Job Ref: R
Thanks to the dedication of our staff and volunteers – as well as scores of passionate supporters and funders – thousands of torture survivors have been able to rebuild their lives in incredibly difficult circumstances.
The purpose of the role is to work within the holistic rehabilitation model of Freedom from Torture and provide welfare advice and advocacy to survivors of torture living in the North West of England. This will be as part of a multi-disciplinary team and requires an individual with significant experience of working as a welfare adviser and advocate in relation to welfare benefits, housing and the asylum support system.
The ideal candidate for the role will have the following skills:
• Experience providing welfare advocacy with individuals who are experiencing mental health difficulties as well as understanding of current Social Care policies/practices
• Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of equality and diversity issues and the ability to integrate into employment policies and practices when recruiting volunteer welfare case workers
• Experience working with refugees and asylum seekers and an understanding of the needs of this group and the associated support services and mechanisms available
• Experience of working within a similar role providing advocacy on a range of welfare issues to include housing, welfare benefits and Asylum Support
• Experience of working within the benefits system, including the application, assessment and appeals procedures
If you believe you have the qualities necessary to perform well within this position, we would like to hear from you!
For an informal discussion, please contact Simon Postlethwaite, Clinical Services Manager Manchester centre on 01612365744.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To view the Job Description and Person Specification, please visit https://www.freedomfromtorture.org/working-for-us/vacancies
Closing date: Sunday 1st July 2018
Expected date of interviews: TBC
Freedom from Torture is striving to be an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please