Partners of the Americas (Partners) is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Director for the Human Resources (DHR) unit. The Director, Human Resources leads the Human Resource Department in the development and execution of a vibrant organizational workforce strategy that nurtures collaboration and builds personnel capacity in line with Partners' vision and mission. This role will also secure new talent acquisition both at the National and Global levels with high skill talents to maximize Partners capacity, promote the financial sustainability of the organization, increase Partners presence in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC), and strengthen the Partners Network. The Director reports to the President and CEO, and must posses proven experience with a broad perspective across all HR aspects such as employee relations, change management, talent acquisition, compensation, employee retention and engagement, compliance and employment law, performance management and development, leadership development, training program development and delivery, roll-out of new HR technology, and community relations.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Lead HR core functions in both high-level (strategic capacity) and in day-to-day processes.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Oversee the full cycle recruitment for US-based positions and senior international positions: Developing recruiting strategy, passively sourcing candidates, drafting scopes of work advertisements, recommending salary grade and title adjustments as needed.
- Oversee the full onboarding/new hire orientation strategies, processes, and procedures.
- Lead benefits administration, open enrollment, and support long term vision and strategy for domestic and Global staff
- Direct and support managers with guidance to create long-term and sustainable performance management structure, while overseeing annual performance appraisal review process.
- Work closely with Finance and Administration unit to ensure payroll and compliance processes are implemented properly.
- Collaborate with Directors, Global HR Operations on compensation and payroll-related matters.
- Lead Safety & Security in the deployment of the organization's Security Strategy.
- Lead talent acquisition strategy and liaise with senior leaders in vision for company growth and how recruiting supports that growth.
- Be a reference for Partners DEI initiatives, and serve as an approachable advocate for employees to address their issues and concerns.
- Manage HRIS, and other platforms and ensure the most up-to-date content with the appropriate documentation (Sharepoint/Paycom).
- Oversee the performance of benefits administration for all domestic and international programs. Facilitate global training priorities (i.e. Leadership Development, Sexual Harassment, etc.)
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management preferred, or Business Administration with 10+ years of progressive experience in an HR leadership capacity. HR certification (i.e., SHRM, PHR, SPHR) is highly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English required; Spanish, Portuguese, and/or French preferred.
- Proven experience across all HR aspects and operational practices required.
- International HR management experience required. Prior work in Latin America and field offices, highly preferred.
- Experience leading the HR function in a global setting and working with field offices, a plus.
- Proven knowledge of highly disciplined human resources processes and strategies.
- Experience leading and developing HR teams located in multiple locations required.
- Solutions-oriented and able to meet deadlines with high-quality work, and impeccable verbal, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience working in an organization with a volunteer and/or network component is highly preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to interact with stakeholders with cultural sensitivity fostering a supportive environment in person and remotely.
- Solid problem-solving ability, outstanding interpersonal skills, and high energy and enthusiasm.
- Must be able to travel internationally to and from the United States without need for visa sponsorship.