1617 John F Kennedy Boulevard
Business Unit: Operations
Department: Workforce Strategies- Training
Reports To: Director of Workforce Operations
Posted: September 4 – September 18, 2018
This position is responsible for managing the implementation of occupational skills training initiatives for PA CareerLink® Philadelphia customers and the coordination of transitioning from training to employment. This position will be responsible managing the procurement and contracting processes for training providers and monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of occupational training programs. Additional responsibilities will include convening training providers on regular basis and providing to leadership and supervision to training team.
This position will be responsible for the following duties:
· Oversee the operations of the providers of Vocational Skills Training, the Eligible Training Providers, and other skills trainings to ensure compliance with TANF and WIOA funding requirements.
- Maintain a working knowledge of WIOA and TANF policies and regulations related to training and training providers.
- Train and manage Training Provider Program Representative(s).
- Manage training provider performance for compliance to contract terms and conditions to ensure that providers are providing clients with the subcontracted services.
- Maintain up-to-date information including policies, standard operating procedures, dashboards, report cards, and other tools to ensure program quality, integrity, and compliance.
- Manage the procurement and contracting process for training program providers.
- Manage the development and maintenance of a tracking system that monitors contracted slots and provides regular reports for Management.
- Manage the recruitment for training programs through the PA CareerLink® Centers and other partner organizations.
- Analyze training outcomes monthly and prepare reports for leadership teams regarding provider performance.
- Manage the provision of accurate, up-to-date information regarding site visits, slot levels, job training start dates, and other related information as needed and save on the shared drive. Compile monthly statistical report to track trends on education and training preferences.
- Manage and oversee the job placement strategy for individuals who are completing training programs, in conjunction with the Integrated System staff.
- Build rapport and relationships with subcontracted providers.
- Collaborate with Research and Data unit regarding data and information needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Human Services, Business Management or related field and at least 5 years of management and program / project management experience. Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Strong written, verbal interpersonal, and presentation skills
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff, management, government officials and the general public
- Strong organizational, critical thinking, analytical and prioritizing skills
· Knowledge of human services programs and funding sources compliance
· Excellent management and leadership skills
· Ability to train, motivate and build a cohesive team
· Ability to comprehend system wide strategy/vision and communicate it to stakeholders
· Ability to assess the strengths of others and maximize them to accomplish goals and work objectives
· Ability to travel to various locations throughout the city
· Intermediate proficiency using Word, Excel and Power Point
Equal Opportunity Employer
Philadelphia Works is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, transgender status, and gender identity), gender, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, familial status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual preference, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws, in all matters pertaining to recruitment, selection, compensation, training, advancement and promotion, retention, discipline, and termination.
Philadelphia Works offers qualifying full time employees with a competitive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), tuition assistance, life and disability. We also offer company paid vacation, personal and sick leave days.
Minimum Education Required