3925 Chestnut Street
The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House (PRMH)—the world’s first Ronald McDonald House—is seeking an energetic and compassionate individual for the position of Marketing & Communications Coordinator. This is a full-time position reporting directly to the Director of Marketing & Communications.
About The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House
The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House (PRMH) supports families of seriously ill children by creating a community of comfort and hope. Founded in 1974, we are the model for 365 Houses around the globe.
Our programs include two Ronald McDonald Houses, Ronald McDonald Family Rooms at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children, and Ronald McDonald Camp.
Between our two House locations, we serve up to 65 families each night. Our Houses offer comfortable rooms and an array of other services, as well as the support of other families who understand what it is like to have a seriously ill child. Our Ronald McDonald Family Rooms offer a respite space away from the bedside to families with children receiving treatment at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children. Each August, our one-week overnight Ronald McDonald Camp—located in the Poconos—provides the opportunity for over to 200 children with cancer and their siblings to experience the joys of summer camp.
Each year, Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Philadelphia Region provides 10 percent of our overall operating budget; the remaining 90% is raised through individual, corporate, and foundation support. To learn more, visit www.philarmh.org.
About the Marketing & Communications Coordinator
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House’s communications, including marketing, development, and fundraising initiatives. The Coordinator will work with marketing and event staff to develop outreach materials and provide communications support as needed. The Coordinator will also manage the organization’s social media accounts, website, and e-newsletter, and maintain consistency in the organization’s messaging to diverse audiences.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate across departments on various communications projects to support the mission of the Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House.
- Support with the writing of communication materials (cultivation, solicitation, and donor acknowledgment pieces)
- Support the creation, design, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic materials, including:
- Marketing, development, and solicitation materials
- Event announcements, invitations, programs, and signage
- Maintain and update the organizational website with event announcements, photos, news articles, newsletters, press releases, etc.
- Press releases
- Monthly e-newsletters for an external audience of supporters
- Print newsletters for donors, partners, and other supporters
- Annual report
- Consistent and engaging posts and conversations on social media outlets, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube, as appropriate
- Interview stakeholders and photograph events and families.
- Help ensure that all internal/external communications are accurate and consistent
- Work with leadership to identify media opportunities and implement campaigns around key programs and events, including monitoring media cycles and updating media lists
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Ability to multi-task and effectively handle multiple responsibilities at one time while remaining calm under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, and written/verbal communication and proofreading skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Articulate, polished, and professional demeanor with strong work ethic, initiative, and confidence
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Savvy with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as online email and website platforms
- Familiarity with social media best practices
- Creativity and an eye for clean design
- Previous graphic design experience with Adobe Creative Suite (especially familiarity with InDesign and Photoshop)
- Previous experience with website content management systems (Wordpress) and email marketing systems (Constant Contact, MailChimp)
- Interest in photography or understanding of composition
Required Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 1-3 years public relations, communications, marketing, and/or fundraising experience
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample (less than 750 words) to email@example.com with subject line Marketing & Communication Coordinator. Deadline for expressing interest is Monday, March 19, 2018.