Reporting to the Senior Program Director, the Assistant Program Officer supports and assists in the daily administration of IAESTE for inbound and outbound participants.
- Program Management -
- Conducts telephone and in-person interviews with applicants
- Assists in facilitation of the IAESTE Program in conjunction with the Senior Program Officer, including: filing applications, depositing/requesting checks, maintaining participant database, health insurance enrollment for participants, program evaluation and program certificate mailings
- Conducts virtual interviews with applicants (inbound and outbound)
- Represents IAESTE and Cultural Vistas at local career fairs, college events, conferences
- Supports the implementation of U.S. host company and student recruitment
- Researches and contacts potential host companies in the U.S.
- Conducts site visits to ensure companies meet program requirements
- Assists with the processing of J-1 visas for inbound interns
- Assists foreign interns in housing search
- Other tasks as assigned by Senior Program Officer
- Client Relationship Management -
- Maintains regular communication with applicants, participants, foreign interns in the U.S., U.S. host companies, and IAESTE partners
- Educates clients and participants on the J-1 visa regulations, purpose of Exchange Visitor Program, and Cultural Vistas application process
- Ensures smooth processing of applications in conjunction with J-1 Intern and clear messaging with internal and external customers
- Answers program inquiries via phone, email, and mail
- Supports Senior Program Officer in new job-raising initiatives and with conducting site visits of U.S. host companies
- Professional Development -
- Develops and maintains an advanced knowledge of J-1 visa regulations application requirements and Cultural Vistas policies in order to properly represent Cultural Vistas throughout the process and at events
- Develops and maintains industry knowledge by seeking out educational workshops, classes, and related publications
- Takes a proactive approach to improve business functions and workflow within the department
- Advanced understanding of program management with ability to conduct site visits; project implementation; developing understanding of budget
- Ability to take accountability for multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize workload, organize, and make decisions in a deadline driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate outcomes and problem solve
- Strong analytical skills, good judgment and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain proactive, flexible, inventive approach and think outside of the box in the procurement of internships in the U.S.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service for both internal and external customers, including excellent phone manner with students, parents, university staff, and corporate personnel
- Ability to exhibit a collegial attitude and excel within a collaborative, team working
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively within a multi-cultural environment and with people from diverse cultures and countries
- Works in accordance with and in support of the mission, goals, values and strategic direction of Cultural Vistas
- Possess commitment to professionalism and communicability
- Strong personal commitment to continual professional development
- Previous experience participating in study or work abroad programs(s) preferred
- Foreign language skills strongly preferred
Computer Equipment and Software Experience Required:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite products. Prior CRM experience a plus.
Education and Experience Required:
- Education: Bachelors degree required; International Relations, Business, Education, or other related degree preferred.
- Years of Experience: Minimum of 2-3 years of administrative, customer service, client relations management or program management experience required. Prior international and/or educational experience strongly preferred.
Physical Demands of Position:
- Domestic and international travel may be required. Work on weekends, holidays, and evenings may be required.
- Flexible Work Arrangement Schedules (35 Hour Work-Weeks)
- 20 PTO Days for First 1-3 Years (Increases After)
- 6 Sick Days
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- TransitChek Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Educational Reimbursement
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply using this link.