Homes for the Homeless (HFH) is expanding rapidly to continue its mission of providing homeless families with opportunities and support to transition into permanent housing. HFH helps create lasting solutions for families experiencing homelessness through self-sufficiency planning, goal setting, and achievement. We invite you to visit our website, www.hfhnyc.org, to learn more about our facilities and programs.
Our Jamaica, Queens and South Bronx residences seek a service-oriented Assistant Daycare Teacher for their Early Learning/Childcare Center. Our full-day Early Learn and UPK programs are licensed by the Dept. of Education, with a team of certified teachers, innovative classrooms, high quality equipment and materials, a large playground, and the latest curriculums. We have many programs and events throughout the year that keep our center fun-filled and exciting.
Our ideal candidate works well in a team atmosphere and has a passion for the development of children. This is an excellent position for a college student or education professional interested in working with children aged 2-4 years old outside of the traditional classroom setting.
- Help to create and maintain a safe and nurturing environment.
- Supervise children in a daycare for 2 year-olds and a UPK classroom of 3-4 year-olds.
- Assist in the planning and execution of a program to provide child care for children.
- Contribute in planning the use of community resources to enrich the educational content of the children’s program.
- Provide support in developing a program of sound educational goals appropriate to the age and developmental level of children which will enable them to make the most of future educational opportunities.
- Work within the framework of Homes for the Homeless Early Learn/Child Care center and carrying out its functions, policies and procedures.
- A minimum of 30 credits towards BA in Early Childhood Education and/or a Childhood Development Associate (CDA) Certification.
- Willingness to be flexible on schedule.
- The Assistant Teacher shall meet the requirements set by the Agency for Children Services (ACS) and Homes for the Homeless and Department of Health (DOH).
We provide excellent benefits including comprehensive health insurance, employer funded retirement benefits, life insurance, ample vacation, holiday, personal and sick leave. We also have onsite parking for all employees.
Click link to apply: http://bit.ly/HFHJobs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
Minimum Education Required