Details: Competitive salaries
37 West 26th Street, 6th floor
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexities, disabilities, chronic illnesses and behavioral challenges. NAC is currently seeking a qualified candidate to work in our Partners in Parenting Program (PIP). PIP is an aftercare program serving families that have successfully transitioned out of NAC’s Preventive Services Program. PIP is a home and community-based intervention program.
Title: Social Worker
Department: Partners In Parenting Program,
Location: 37 West 26th Street, New York, NY 10010
· Provides comprehensive psychosocial needs assessments to determine services and interventions.
· Provides family-centered, case management and clinical services utilizing individual, family and group work modalities.
· Participates as a team member in weekly case review meetings
· Coordinates services as recommended by NAC’s interdisciplinary treatment team which includes our psychiatrist, psychologist, pediatrician, nurses, educators, parent advocate and entitlement and resource staff.
· Provides case coordination with hospitals, schools, mental health clinics and community-based organizations.
· Provides information, referral and advocacy services.
· Ensures adherence to agency and programmatic policies and regulations; completes all required documentation in our behavioral health record.
· Makes use of weekly individual and group supervision, on-site clinical trainings, and our monthly in-service mental health trainings.
· MSW from an accredited school of social work; LMSW preferred.
· Some knowledge of health-related factors in working with children with disabilities, medical complexity and behavioral health conditions.
· Prior experience in child welfare, mental health or health care settings
· Work hours are generally 9-5pm; must be flexible to meet the needs of working parents.
· Proficiency in Spanish is a plus; competitive salaries.
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Please indicate "Social Worker – Partners In Parenting" in the subject line when applying. Please email cover letter and resume to:
Mary Ann Code
Human Resources Department
New Alternatives for Children
37 West 26th Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10010
To learn more about New Alternatives for Children, Inc., please visit our website: www.nackidscan.org
“WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY”