Details: $125 per 8 hr. day
16 Clarkson Street
The Educational Video Center (EVC) is seeking an exceptional part time Administrative Assistant to support the administrative management of its award-winning media arts programs. This part time position will report directly to the Executive Director. The Educational Video Center is an internationally acclaimed non-profit youth media organization dedicated to teaching documentary video as a tool for social change and as a means to develop the artistic, critical literacy and career skills of young people.
· Coordinate vendor accounts and files; collect; assist with management of accounts payable/receivables; code
and scan bills in coordination with bookkeepers; manage petty cash and make deposits to bank
· Manage HR-related accounts and files, including new hire processing, insurance contracts, 403(b) plan,
TransitChecks, vacation bank, and health benefit accounts.
· Manage day-to-day office systems including mail, postage machine, general phone line, office supplies,
· Manage office space usage including communication with school administration and custodial staff to secure
permits and other needs.
· Manage order processing and fulfillment of all DVD/Book sales; assist with sales promotion and video
distribution as needed
· Assisting with EVC screenings, rough-cuts, and portfolio sessions as programmatic support, as well as EVC
fundraising events as needed
· Assist with EVC’s social media postings as needed
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree required and a minimum of 1 year of administrative experience
· Must have excellent computer skills (MS Office, Google Suite) and social media management skills including
Facebook, Twitter and Instagram; familiarity with Salesforce desirable
· Experience in accounting, payroll and /or HR is preferred
· Excellent writing and verbal communication skills required;
· Must have exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills to manage multiple priorities and meet
· Must be a self-starter with ability to problem-solve efficiently and effectively;
· Requires a good attitude and willingness to work independently and as part of a diverse team;
· A passion for youth media and social justice, as well as a familiarity with current social, political, cultural, and
This is a two-day per week position compensated at a daily rate of $125 per 8 hour day. This position is non eligible for benefits. Committed to a diverse workplace, EVC is an enthusiastic equal opportunity employer. Email cover letter and resume to AQureshi@evc.org. No calls please.
This position is non benefits eligible.
Minimum Education Required