10 Mountainview Road
Upper Saddle River
The Andrew Goodman Foundation’s mission is to make young voices and votes a powerful force in our democracy. To advance this mission, the Program Manager will coordinate, manage, and implement our Vote Everywhere program by mentoring, supporting and overseeing a team of student organizers. Vote Everywhere is a national, non-partisan, civic engagement movement of student leaders and university partners. The Program Manager works closely with AGF staff, students involved with the program, university staff, and other non-profit leaders to promote youth electoral and civic engagement on university campuses nationwide.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee, advise, and support a portfolio of assigned campus partners to advance civic and political engagement on higher education institutions
- Manage and coach on-the-ground student campus teams from diverse institutions (e.g. Public Universities, Liberal Arts Colleges, and Minority Serving Institutions)
- Research, support, and advise campus teams to develop and implement annual Campus Action Plans, aligned to program expectations, promising national program practices, and campus-level priorities
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with campus administrators, faculty, and officials
- Cultivate learning and development among the AGF Vote Everywhere national network through regular communications: webinars, weekly newsletter publications, social media groups, and group calls that may occur during non-business hours
- Carry out administrative and financial responsibilities related to campus partner portfolio
- Support program monitoring and evaluation through data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Assist in developing, evaluating, and enforcing program policies, procedures, and accountability measures for student participants
- Contribute to the development of print and digital training materials on political engagement, including voter registration, community organizing, and coalition building
- Contribute to the strategic planning and program development through the evaluation of program expectations, systems, initiatives, and goals.
- Research and stay updated on state voting laws and procedures, as well as the broader civic and political landscape.
Communications and Events
- Oversee a pilot of the Vote Everywhere Campus Voter Information Portal/texting platform with select campus partners; ensure portal functionality and integration with CRM; and update content as required.
- Support campus partners to effectively utilize Campus Voter Information Portal in tandem with texting platform to expand reach and impact of Vote Everywhere on campus
- Support the organization of events like the National Civic Leadership Training Summit
- Visit campuses and attend events as necessary
- Meet with funders and key stakeholders and attend fundraising events to promote Vote Everywhere
- Represent the AGF at relevant civic engagement, voting rights, and higher education conferences
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Considerable experience (5 years) in youth organizing and student civic leadership development in support of civil and political rights.
- A passion for civic engagement, civil rights, and social justice
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders on campuses to advance civic and political engagement, including voter registration.
- Experience with texting platforms a plus (e.g. Hustle) and/or experience with NGP VAN or equivalent.
- Professionalism and ability to engage students, faculty, higher education administrators, non-profit leaders, and donors.
- Excellent communication, mentoring, and team building skills
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point, CRMs (e.g. Salsa), and Wordpress all a plus.
- Organizational and multitasking skills; ability to prioritize assignments
- Demonstrate a high degree of initiative; ability to perform routine job duties with minimal supervision
- Pass a criminal background check and drug screening test
- Daily access to a computer, smart phone or tablet
- Extremely reliable and available on evenings and weekends for occasional events and conferences
The Andrew Goodman Foundation is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences into our team. We encourage peoples of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, as well as peoples with disabilities to apply!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Due to volume, we are unable to accept direct inquiries about the position. Please e-mail a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. References will not be contacted unless the candidate is seriously being considered for the position and gives us permission to do so.