Details: $35/hour - minimum contingent on funding
610 West 112th street
Where: 610 W 112th Street, New York, NY 10025
When: Weekly, October 2018 – June 2019
Time/Date: After School and/or Saturdays
Liberty LEADS seeks math instructors to work with our middle school students in our afterschool and Saturday programs. Instructors in the after school program will facilitate a homework help session as well as a math skill-building workshop with small groups of students while Saturday program instructors will facilitate the skill building through the context of project-based activities. We are looking for teachers for each grade.
The Liberty LEADS Program at Bank Street College is a college access and college success program serving students throughout New York City. We offer a comprehensive academic program and a wide range of resources for students in grades 5 through 12, Monday through Saturday, for 11 months of the year. Liberty LEADS works to ensure that youth with few economic resources have access to the supports necessary to realize their potential, make positive contributions to society, and smoothly make the transition into college or an entry-level career. The program is guided by the principle that all children have gifts, talents, and great potential and can contribute to one another's social and academic growth.
● Create and implement project based math curriculum for small groups of middle school students
● Engage students and differentiate instruction to meet the needs of students
● Manage classroom using positive behavior management strategies
● Meet regularly with the Liberty LEADS Middle School Advisor for supervision and debriefing
● Prepare presentations for end of year celebration
● Provide lesson plans to supervisor one week in advance for approval.
● Must possess a Master’s degree in education or related field
● NYS Teacher Certification or professional proficiency in content area preferred
● Special Education teachers strongly urged to apply
● Must possess strong communication skills and knowledge of group development
● Experience working with middle school youth and knowledge of child development
$25/hour - minimum contingent on funding
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please forward cover letter and resume to:Marisol Saks, Operations Manager - Banks Street College of Education - Liberty Leads at firstname.lastname@example.org & apply through the Bank Street website