43-31 39th Street
The CARE NYC Program is a city-wide initiative designed to support caregivers caring for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and other related dementias. As a program at Sunnyside Community Services, an innovative community-based, social service organization in Queens (ten- minute subway ride from Grand Central), we are seeking a Senior Supervisor.
Is responsible for supervising a team of four social workers, working under the title of Caregiver Support Specialist. Able to review and evaluate case notes. Must be willing to travel to the five boroughs to provide supervision and support. Able to build partnerships with other community organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Supervision of Staff
- Identifies staff development and training needs and ensures training is obtained.
- Completes supervisees’ performance evaluations.
· Participates in employee discipline as appropriate, re-enforcing policies and procedures.
· Provides training to new supervisees and interns.
· Ensures documentation is inputted into Salesforce timely and accurately.
Performing Administrative Activities
· Conducts chart reviews monthly and discuss findings with appropriate staff.
· Generates reports to compile statistical data for funder.
· Conducts outreach to increase public awareness.
· Serve as back-up when Program Director is out of the office.
This role will require bending, sitting, stooping, and standing.
The work of this role will take place in an office setting,
- All the specialized skills and competencies described above.
- Must be a licensed social worker with supervisory experience.
- Five years of experience working in social services organization or equivalent.
- Experience with geriatric populations, social services, senior benefits, and client relations required. Caregiver
and/or Alzheimer’s experience preferred.
- Ability to organize, manage, and evaluate multiple activities and services.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members, community agencies, and clients with diverse opinions, values and cultures.
- Ability to track and report on data.
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. Salesforce experience is a plus.
- Capable of optimizing time and efficiently working with teams.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and indicate “CARE NYC Senior Supervisor – Your Name” in the subject line or mail to Attn: Sheila Williams, Sunnyside Community Services, 43-31 39th Street, Sunnyside, NY 11104. EOE