1331 f ST NW
CORPORATE RELATIONS ASSOCIATE
The National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) is a dynamic non-profit organization working to expand the economic opportunities of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) owned businesses. NGLCC is currently seeking a self-motivated full-time employee to serve as Corporate Relations Associate.
The Corporate Relations Associate is a critical member of the NGLCC Corporate Relations Team and supports the development and delivery of partnerships established between NGLCC and Fortune 1000 companies. NGLCC’s corporate partnerships are vital to expanding opportunities for LGBT entrepreneurs and strengthening the LGBT business community.
The Corporate Relations Associate will develop new partnerships, deliver benefits of established partnerships, maintain strong relationships with corporate representatives, and support the Corporate Relations Vice President and Manager in delivering superior customer service and programmatic engagement to all corporate partners.
To excel in this position, the ideal candidate would have experience in delivering excellent customer service, possess the ability to work independently and as a team with other professionals, have experience in a business development or sales position, exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills, have a high attention to detail, and possess the ability to manage sensitive data.
The ideal candidate for this role must have the ability to creatively solve problems in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with significant job responsibilities, including managing the ongoing details of many different partnerships. The Corporate Relations Associate should have strong interpersonal skills, excel in establishing and maintaining professional business relationships, and be enthusiastic about expanding opportunities for LGBT entrepreneurs.
NGLCC is seeking a professional willing to make a multi-year commitment to this position, as significant training and skill mastery will be developed. This role will require occasional domestic travel.
· Report directly to the Manager and Director of Corporate Relations
· Support department leadership in managing corporate membership councils, programs, events, and activities
· Provide technical support to corporate members accessing the NGLCC supplier database and perform database profile maintenance
· Assist in communicating opportunities, news, and program updates to corporate audiences and in the cultivation of business relationships with new potential corporate partners
· Provide administrative support to the Corporate Relations Team including scheduling, travel planning, meeting preparation, expense tracking, and project/task support
· Design, update, issue, and track partnership agreements, invoices, and annual partnership reports
· Research opportunities for engagement of prospective partners, companies, and industries
· Contribute to and/or lead special projects as requested
· B.A./ B.S. degree or higher
· Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a professional office environment, preferably in a client relationship or business development field
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including PowerPoint
· Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM software
· Project management and organizational skills; must be able to manage, monitor, and track numerous activities
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Corporate Relations Associate."
Applications submitted without stated salary requirements will not be considered. Any questions about the position can also be directed to email@example.com.
Women, ethnic minorities, LGBT people, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S.