2 Boylston St.
Health Resources in Action, Inc. (HRiA), a nonprofit public health and medical research funding organization based in Boston, Massachusetts, is currently recruiting a Contracts Administrator to be responsible for a specific portfolio of work within the organization.
The Contracts Administrator will join an existing team within the Administration & Finance department, and will work directly with assigned department and project directors and staff to understand and follow through on all contractual aspects of our work. This includes:
- Collaborating to prepare and review contracts, and implementing the approval, filing, and compliance processes;
- Preparing and maintaining project and department budgets and ensuring their accurate reflection in the organizational budget; and
- Driving the appropriate compensation procedures.
This is an exciting, fast-paced opportunity that requires a keen attention to detail and an ability to work well and calmly under pressure. The position affords the chance to work collaboratively with a range of program and administrative staff and is a growth opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated professional.
- 1-2 years of experience in contracts or grants administration in an organization that receives federal and state funding;
- Advanced Excel skills; strong general computer skills (Word, Outlook, databases, etc.);
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- Accounting software experience is a plus.
- Ability to articulate an interest in HRiA’s mission.
- A commitment to value diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives;
- Collegial and outgoing nature with strong interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work independently and also to contribute to a team;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to understand new tasks quickly;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- Ability to work calmly under pressure with a sense of humor and perspective.
About Health Resources in Action
Health Resources in Action, Inc. (HRiA), a nonprofit public health and medical research funding organization based in Boston, Massachusetts, has a mission to help people live healthier lives and build healthier communities through prevention, health promotion, policy, and research. HRiA works with a diverse group of clients across the country to address some of the most critical public health issues using innovative and evidence-based approaches to improve population health. Our clients include the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, state and local public health departments, hospitals, and private/corporate philanthropic entities.
Since its founding in 1957, HRiA has been at the forefront of public health, leading the way to promote healthier and more vibrant communities. Our work recognizes the impact of social, economic, and racial factors on health outcomes.
HRiA’s annual operating budget is over $11 million with an additional $3.4 million in pass-through grants. HRiA is funded through a diverse revenue stream of federal, state, and local government contracts, fees for service, restricted grants, and United Way funding.
For more information about our organization, visit http://www.hria.org
Health Resources in Action offers an attractive benefits package, including medical, dental and life insurance, retirement plan, tax-deferred annuity, and generous vacation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HRIA is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced staff. Diversity in organizational practices is a core value of HRiA resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds.
To apply, submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position online.