901 4th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
D.C. BAR PRO BONO CENTER
TRAINING & VOLUNTEER SPECIALIST
The D.C. Bar Pro Bono Center (Center) has an opening for a Training & Volunteer Specialist (TVS). The position is responsible for organizing and marketing training programs for volunteer attorneys providing pro bono legal services to Center clients, as well as training programs for nonprofit and small business clients of the Center. The position helps recruit volunteers, provides information to D.C. Bar members about pro bono opportunities and assists with special projects. The TVS reports to a Managing Attorney.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Works with Center attorneys to assess training needs and oversees proposed schedule of training sessions.
2. Assists with the recruitment of faculty chairs and program planning to assure relevance of content to training goals.
3. Coordinates the logistics of Center training events; implements and ensures adherence to training guidelines and policies.
4. Establishes and maintains relationships with co-sponsoring organizations and conducts outreach to client communities.
5. Provides quality control for course materials.
6. Oversees the training registration desk on specific weekday evenings and ensures evaluation of each training session.
7. Assists with recording and production of training videos, podcasts, and webinars, as needed.
8. Responds to inquiries from attorneys seeking information on pro bono opportunities.
9. Helps recruit volunteers for the Center by developing plans and making presentations. Designs and implements volunteer recognition activities. Serves as a representative for the Pro Bono Center at public events and pro bono fairs.
10. Drafts reports, comments, memoranda, agendas, correspondence and marketing and publicity materials. Writes speeches and talking points for Center leadership for various events.
11. Administers the D.C. Bar Pro Bono Partnership, including organizing quarterly events and drafting the legal services provider and law firm directories.
12. Helps with the development of the Pro Bono Center budget; develops and administers operating budgets for training program, special projects and committees.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience. Direct experience working in a training coordination or events planning role is preferred. Experience working with volunteers is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Great attention to detail and ability to carefully and independently proofread written work. Public speaking experience is a highly desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop good working relationships with volunteer faculty, committee members, volunteers, vendors, clients, public and staff.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and work well with minimal supervision.
- Possess excellent judgment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365. Experience with association management systems a plus.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential and sensitive information.
This is an exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience. The D.C. Bar Pro Bono Center has an excellent benefits package.
This is not an attempt to list all essential functions of this position as it is recognized that job duties may change over time, based on the Center’s needs.
The D.C. Bar Pro Bono Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested individuals should submit cover letter, resume, two writing samples, and salary requirements
The DC Bar Pro Bono Center has an excellent benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit resume, cover letter and two writing samples the the website.