Director of Communication and Development
- Job posted by Community Research Initiative of New England
529 Main Street
Founded in 1989, CRI is an independent, nonprofit, community-based organization dedicated to HIV and hepatitis C clinical research, research re: other infectious diseases, treatment education and financial assistance for approved drug treatments and health insurance coverage for those in need. More information is available at www.crine.org.
Reporting to and in partnership with CRI’s Executive Director and Board of Directors, the Director of Communications and Development spearheads development and communication efforts as CRI continues to evolve. This position is responsible for all fundraising and development activities including annual giving, planned giving, major donor relations, grant writing and tracking, prospect research, database management, and special events. The Communications and Development Director also coordinates communications, public relations, and marketing efforts including newsletters, website, brochures and social media.
· Create and implement annual development and communications plans in partnership with the Executive Director, Board, and consultants
· Secure financial support from individuals, sponsors, corporations and foundations
· Manage annual giving program
· Steward donors
· Create and implement planned giving opportunities
· Oversee special events with a background in events
· Identify, develop, and track grants
· Maintain the donor tracking system and fundraising database (Abila)
· Oversee communications and marketing and PR efforts, including newsletter, website, annual report, and social media
· Supervise Communications and Special Events Manager and Communications and Development Specialist
· Work closely with Executive Director, Director of Finance, and Board to create annual development budget
· Complete additional tasks as assigned
· Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial and communication skills
· Experienced manager with excellent supervision skills
· Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus
· 7+ years’ experience in various aspects of development
· Achieving results
· Being accountable
· Thinking analytically and strategically
· Communicating for impact
Solid planning, organizational, communication and donor management database skills are a must. Strong presentation skills, including excellent verbal and written communication skills. Interest in HIV/AIDS and hepatitis C and other infectious diseases. Skilled at working with multiple levels and types of teams. Strong skills and experience in working with diverse groups. Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities. Additional hours may be required on nights and weekends.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Compensation package includes salary, health coverage (dental and vision also available), disability and life insurance. Generous paid vacation benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
No specific requirement however additional languages are a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Executive Director, Julie Marston at email@example.com.