Campus Program Director at PS 343, Youth and Family Services
- Job posted by Sunnyside Community Services, Inc.
43-31 39th Street
Sunnyside Community Services (SCS) is seeking a Campus Program Director for its Youth Services programs at P.S. 343 in Sunnyside, Queens. This school will house a range of educational and recreational services for youth as well as services for adults in the community. The campus is supported by a combination of Department of Youth and Community Development Beacon funding, 21st Century funding, and Extended School Day/School Violence Prevention funding.
The Campus Program Director will be responsible for creating dynamic after-school, evening, and weekend programs utilizing youth development best practices and principles in conducting academic enrichment, project based learning, leadership, arts and physical education activities.
This position will be a part of our Youth and Family Services offered at Sunnyside Community Services, which includes a pre-kindergarten program, after-school programs for elementary and middle school students, high school job readiness, career readiness, and enrichment programming and Adult and Immigrant Services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and support after-school, evening, and weekend program.
- Supervise a team of an Assistant Director/ Education Specialist, Program Coordinator, Instructors and Group Leaders.
- Organize program development, program design, and supervise program staff to ensure quality programming.
- Collect and organize data in Salesforce and other funder related databases in a timely manner.
- Ensure that DOH regulations are adhered to and prepare for program audits by DOH and other evaluators.
- Meet all contractual obligation such as meeting enrollment, rate of participation, and timely reporting.
- Coordinate with the principal of the host school, and other community stakeholders.
- Work closely with families, parents, and guardians to ensure the needs of students are met.
- Create a strong sense of community which values respect, acceptance, and high expectations.
- Other job-related tasks and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) in relevant field or Associates Degree with at least 18 approved coursework credits in Child Development, Education or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience working with children in an Afterschool environment with at least 3 years of experience in a supervisory role. Experience supervising K-12 programming desired.
- Experience working with diverse communities.
- Familiarity and experience with DYCD Beacon model desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish speaking) a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply:
***If interested, please send you resume and cover letter Donald Lubin, Deputy Director at email@example.com*** Indicate “Campus Director PS 343” in the subject line.
Sunnyside Community Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer